If you are looking for an opportunity to positively impact school district English Language programs by developing relationships with district leaders and helping them to optimize their use of Ellevation, we have a position for you!
We are looking to add a proactive, innovative, and results-oriented Customer Success Manager who will serve as the main onboarding contact and act as a key relationship manager responsible for account health and ongoing adoption and engagement of Ellevation. Working closely with our Account Management team, you will work to understand district priorities and regularly monitor district health to ensure that districts are set up for renewals and expansions.
This role will include delivering services to our partner districts focused chiefly on driving their adoption and long-term engagement with the product. You will collaborate with our Customer Success and Product Education teams to better understand district needs and help refine Ellevation’s onboarding approach to ensure active engagement with the platform and instructional products. Most importantly, you will help thousands of educators take advantage of a software solution that helps English Language Learners achieve their highest aspirations.
You will become an expert in our product and best practices, consulting with our partners on how best to leverage Ellevation in their districts. This role requires a combination of organizational skills, relationship management, a service orientation, and entrepreneurship. Just as important, we are looking for someone who wants to be in a scaling organization, has tremendous communication skills, is motivated, proactive, and a self-starter.
As a Customer Success Manager, you will develop the essential skills to successfully maintain high levels of partner satisfaction and partner health, and become an expert in providing consultation and thought partnerships to school districts so they are able to maximize their use of all Ellevation products - both compliance and instruction.
Here is what your first year with us looks like:
Within 1 month, you will:
- Onboard and learn about Ellevation, and the work we do to improve outcomes for EL students.
- Become familiar with our product offerings, and our customer landscape.
- Understand the Partner Success Organization (PSO) approach and how we work within the PSO Department, as well as in close collaboration with the Revenue teams.
- Learn the various tools and processes that Customer Success Managers use to facilitate new partner implementation and ongoing engagement.
- Shadow Customer Success meetings/calls (i.e. Kickoff, Design, Planning, etc.), as well as online trainings on all of Ellevation’s products.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Take on your first new partner implementation(s) and begin managing your full caseload partners in Success;
- Build relationships with the Account Managers you work closely with to learn more about your partners;
- Continue to gain proficiency with the Ellevation product suite and deepen product knowledge;
- Begin using the Partner Health Dashboards to better understand partner usage, engagement, satisfaction and other health metrics;
- Support partners to understand and adopt new products/features as they are rolled out by sending emails suggesting webinars, links to RC articles, videos, working sessions, etc.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Grow your knowledge and skills as a Customer Success Manager and facilitate the implementation of Ellevation’s suite of products for multiple partners simultaneously;
- Deepen your ability to analyze data to monitor partner health, and develop confidence in determining which mitigating saving actions and plays to apply for which partners in a timely manner;
- Collaborate with other PSMs and other internal teams (Product Support, Professional Services, etc.) to continually refine our approach to engaging and supporting our district partners;
- In collaboration with Account Management, engage with administrators in partner districts to conduct Account Review and Reflection Meetings to ensure districts are set up for expansions and renewals.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Maintain high levels of partner health, including data freshness, Platform usage, Strategies usage, and overall partner satisfaction, while also managing partner expectations.
- Listen and learn from partners on current compliance and instructional challenges, and ideate on how the product can best meet district needs.
- Act as a subject matter expert for our Product Education team as it related to the development of Resource Center and Webinar content, and offer suggestions and ideas to improve our resources.
- Surface learnings/observations/feedback from our district partners to Ellevation’s Product and Engineering Teams to help inform future product development efforts, and participate in dogfooding and other feedback exercises with Product team.
- Ideally 3+ years of experience in Management Consulting, Customer Success, Account Management, Business Development, or another client-facing role;
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels;
- Ability to guide and support users of varying levels of comfort with technology
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a “can-do” attitude;
- Experience and knowledge of the ELL landscape and instructional practices;
- Ability to produce results in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment;
- Eagerness to tackle complex partner challenges and a demonstrated ability to break things down into concise, actionable steps for both internal stakeholders and our end-users;
- A rigorous approach to project management;
- Proven competency in identifying value-based opportunities for the partners; advocating for partner needs internally and externally;
- Passion for driving change in education;
- Travel to support onboarding and user gatherings as needed.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop (We are currently working 100% remotely due to COVID-19)
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” from the Timmy Awards for investing in trainings around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of sharing educational resources across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.