We’re an international AgTech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a high-growth industry where agriculture meets technology to solve our toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.
The Territory Manager for Indigo will be the primary customer touchpoint for their territory. Customers will include local retailers, high value growers, and other local channel partners. This person will be the face of Indigo and must be well versed in all Indigo value propositions, especially Carbon and Biologicals.
This role extends far beyond a traditional sales or account management position and will require the candidate to demonstrate strong business acumen, understanding of ag business, and exceptional emotional intelligence.
The Territory Manager will need to intimately understand Indigo’s Carbon and Biologicals offerings, articulate the benefits of Indigo’s solutions, sign new customers and grow their customers’ usage of Indigo offerings. The Territory Manager will partner with experienced Indigo Subject Matter Experts to enable customer success.
- Act as a 'hunter', identifies farmer prospects for Carbon and enrolls those prospects; expand enrollment over time
- Highly self-motivated to build a territory and introduce farmers to our Carbon & Biological offerings
- Set and meet customer expectations for fast responses to all questions
- Coordinate with internal Indigo teams to provide support and solutions as needed
- Develop and implement annual sales plans for local territory, utilizing Salesforce and other prospecting tools
- Partner with biotrinsic™ Account Managers to execute on local demand generation plans and support retailers as needed
- Be able to accurately and succinctly represent our Carbon by Indigo and biotrinsic™ brand products to customers
- Monitor customer competitor activity, locally and nationally
- Maintain customer accounts, sales stages, important information, and sales process information in Salesforce.com CRM tool and utilizes other sales enablement technologies provided to them
- Understands and embodies our mission & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Track record of achieving key KPI’s year over year and consistently hitting sales goals
- High energy, hard-working, self starter. Motivated by the opportunity to have significant impact at a fast growing company.
- Strong business sense and understanding of economics especially as it relates to agriculture
- History of selling complex technical products, and proven ability to simplify value propositions
- Up to the challenge of Indigo's startup environment; embraces ambiguity and a fast-paced environment
- Has the ability to work cross-functionally with other internal business units to create solutions for issues and promote growth initiatives; can advocate for their customers effectively and respectfully within Indigo
- Comfortable with modern software tools and Indigo's tech offering (Salesforce, etc.)
- Excellent communicator, able to quickly build trust and rapport with all external AND internal customers
- 3-6 years of a demonstrated track record of high sales performance in the ag space, i.e., inputs, biologicals, etc.
- Experience working directly with farmers
- An existing book of business/relationships with retailers, large growers/landowners, or other channel partners is a plus
- Ability to understand micro-market considerations for agriculture in the territory
- Comfortable with technology and agriculture management software
- Proven ability to meet/exceed customer growth targets in the ag industry
- Demonstrated adaptability in sales skills, processes and approaches
- Based remotely, ability and willingness to travel up to 80% in assigned territory
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.