Commercial Sales Representative at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:15 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, November 7, 2019
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
We’re growing quickly and have created a commercial sales team based in Watertown, MA (just outside of Boston) to win new Markforged customer accounts and drive revenues. As a Commercial Sales Representative for this very fast-growing company, you will have the opportunity to build your business from the ground up in an entrepreneurial fashion. Collaborating with Business Development, Application Engineers, and Value Added Resellers, you will be responsible for achieving and exceeding quarterly sales targets. In this high-velocity role, you will focus on small and mid-sized enterprise businesses, taking leads through the entire sales cycle from prospecting to close. We sell through channel partners (Value Added Resellers), so one of your main roles will be building strong relationships with our partners and ensuring they are positioning Markforged on all 3D printing opportunities. This role requires heavy organizational skills as you manage a diverse pipeline of opportunities.
In this role, you will:
- Manage entire sales process from prospecting to close, including accurate pipeline forecasting
- Carry a quarterly quota and achieve quarterly sales targets
- Work closely with our VAR community to successfully close Markforged business
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- Expertly demonstrate Markforged technology to end users and channel partners
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or relevant work experience
- 4+ years of B2B and/or channel sales experience in a revenue closing role with proven quota attainment
- Technology sales experience a plus
- Proven track record of quota attainment in an inside sales capacity
- Highly productive communication skills, with ability to manage multiple emails, phone calls, social media, and more each day
- A positive, can-do attitude is a key quality to succeed on the Markforged sales team
At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization. We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up. We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates. We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description