Commercial Sales Manager at LogRocket
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:07 p.m. (EST) on Monday, January 6, 2020
Commercial Sales Manager
Get in on the ground floor at one of Boston's top startups and help us solve a huge challenge for developers and product teams - understanding customer experience. LogRocket is the first system that gives these teams complete visibility into their customer's experience using their web apps - through pixel-perfect replays of user sessions and clear insight into logs, errors and network activity. We've already attracted an elite roster of customers (such as Reddit, Bloomberg and NBC) and recently raised a $15M Series B to continue building a world-class product and team.
If you’d like to join in on our mission of make every experience on the web as perfect as possible, while taking on massive ownership over your work and helping scale LogRocket to be a pillar in the Boston tech community - we’d love to speak with you!
About the Role
We’re looking for our first Commercial Sales Manager to continue scaling the LogRocket Sales team as we aim to triple our revenue over the next year. This role will report into our VP of Sales and be responsible for overseeing, mentoring and growing a team of Account Executives that has already doubled this year, while actively participating in the sales process by jumping into calls with key prospects, managing the sales funnel, and driving strategic initiatives to improve the team’s performance.
Whether you’re already an established team lead or a seasoned Account Executive looking to step into a leadership role, this is the perfect opportunity to build and nurture a team while shaping the sales strategy for a rapidly growing startup.
- Manage, coach and scale a team of Account Executives
- Lead team to achieve and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual targets
- Monitor and drive sales performance: activity, pipelines, forecasts, and closed-deals to ensure the team attains their quota
- Manage the sales funnel from lead to close and create metrics to improve performance
- Drive lead penetration, high activity standards, and pipeline management
- Develop and maintain monthly and quarterly team forecasts
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing and other internal teams to maximize revenue growth
- Participate in the hiring and interviewing process, helping to scale a quickly growing team of Account Executives
- Conduct one-on-one meetings with Account Executives to build more effective communications, understand training and development needs, and provide insight for the improvement of the team’s sales and activity performance.
- Help create and lead trainings for Account Executives on all areas of the sales process
- Assist Account Executives in preparation of proposals and presentations
- Serve as a role model in the Sales org to uphold and implement the policies, procedures and values of the LogRocket team
- 5+ years of experience in tech sales
- Consistent track record of exceeding targets as an individual contributor
- Strong work ethic, motivated, and desire to continually learn and grow
- Interest in growing as a people manager, with a keen ability to connect with new and existing team members
- Willingness to jump into a rapidly scaling startup environment and build new teams, process and functions within the org
- Experience conducting account mapping and developing prospecting strategy
- Capable of and eager to make dials daily with Account Executives
- Thrives in a competitive team environment
- Intuition and capacity to learn quickly and hit the ground running
Benefits & Perks
- Catered lunch throughout the week and a fully stocked kitchen with all your favorite snacks (healthy AND non-healthy)
- Open vacation policy - we all work hard and take time for ourselves when we need it, no strings attached
- Extensive Health, Dental, Vision benefits paid for by us, along with 401k and Commuter benefits
- Generous stock options - we all get to own a piece of what we’re building
- Regular team outings and activities (craft nights, boat cruises, excursions out of the city, and many more!)
- Flexible working hours and location
- Ample opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced, growth-mode startup
LogRocket was founded in 2016 by Matthew Arbesfeld and Ben Edelstein, a computer science duo who have been building products together since the 3rd grade. Frustrated by how difficult it was to understand their customers' experiences, Arbesfeld and Edelstein set out towards an audacious goal: make every experience on the web as perfect as possible.
Our team is a diverse group who bring an eclectic set of experiences from Google, Meteor, Drift, HubSpot, MIT and Columbia. We enjoy lunch together every day in our airy downtown Boston office, learning more about each other at our Show and Tells, and hosting our friends during #logrocketeer events. We focus on building our software with care and craftsmanship -- our engineering blog posts give you a taste of that -- and we welcome talented people from all backgrounds. Many of us have important spaces in our lives -- whether it be family, social organizations, schools, or former companies -- and we're doing all we can to make LogRocket another one.
LogRocket is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Read Full Job Description