Commercial Sales Manager, New Business
Smartsheet is currently seeking a Commercial Sales Manager to hire, coach and lead a team of up to eight New Business Representatives. As a Commercial Sales Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing a team responsible for closing new business and driving them toward achieving monthly, quarterly, and yearly revenue goals.
This role reports to the Director of New Business Sales - East and is based at Smartsheet in Boston, MA.
- Coaching, mentoring, motivating New Business Representatives
- Assist in the recruiting, staffing and training to grow and maintain sales teams
- Formulate and execute on quarterly sales plans
- Inspire, lead and coach a dynamic fast paced sales team
- Coach and provide feedback to sales representatives in the areas of sales/personal development, direction, and focus
- Conduct quarterly progress review sessions with each representative
- Manage productivity, funnel of opportunities, and quality to ensure teams meet established goals and standards
- Ongoing process improvements, recommendations and implementation of these
- Assist in managing programs to achieve target goals for team and individual representatives
- 3-5 years successful sales experience
- 1-3 years successful sales management experience
- Experience selling in the technology field and/or SaaS required
- Personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner
- Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact
- Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise
- Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organization. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organization are met
- Acts as a role model. Anticipates and plans for change. Communicates a vision to a team
- Collaborates with senior executives to develop long-range goals; monitors on-going performance against these objectives; identifies potential problems and initiates appropriate corrective actions to maximize results
- Success in building, growing and managing highly prolific sales team
- Ability to work flexible hours required
- Familiarity with Salesforce preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Effective: Deliver quality
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.