Commercial Sales Manager (NAS)
Smartsheeters truly stand out. It is clear by their attitude and actions that they work for a company that is not only innovative and authentic, but filled with individuals who are supportive, driven and committed to being a part of Smartsheet’s success. Our leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience who are committed to maintaining an environment that promotes personal and professional growth as well as encouraging individuals to take an active role in the vision of the company.
Smartsheet is currently seeking a Commercial Sales Manager to hire, coach and lead a team of up to 8 New Account Specialist. As a Commercial Sales Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing your team closing new business and driving toward monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue goals.
Smartsheet is a high growth SaaS company with thousands of organizations and millions of users in 160 countries experiencing a substantial value from the use of the innovative Smartsheet platform. Company leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience and demonstrated success in the software industry. This exciting role reports to the Director of New Accounts and is based in Smartsheet’s office in Boston, MA.
- Coaching, mentoring, and motivating New Account Specialist, in doing so generating revenue for the Commercial Sales Organization
- Assisting in the recruiting, staffing and training to grow and maintain sales teams
- Providing accurate updates to monthly forecast
- Formulating and executing on quarterly sales plans
- Conducting quarterly progress review sessions with each representative
- Managing productivity, funnel of opportunities and quality to ensure teams meet established goals and standards
- Ongoing process improvements, recommendations and implementation of these
- Assisting in managing programs to achieve target goals for team and individual representatives
- Customer Focused – personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying, and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner
- Initiative – Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact
- Innovative Thinking – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise
- Building Organizational Commitment – Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organization. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organization are met
- Must be a team player
- Excellent communications and leadership skills
- 3-5 years successful sales experience
- 1-3 years successful sales management experience
- Experience selling in the technology field preferred
- Success in building, growing and managing highly prolific sales team
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred