At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Pre Sales Solutions Architect in our Cloud team. The position is national and requires travel.
A Pre Sales Solutions Architect is expected to be knowledgeable in two or more cloud technologies within the public or private cloud area. The Pre Sales Solutions Architect may or may not have a programming background, but will have expertise in infrastructure architecture, client presales / presentation, team management and thought leadership skills.
You will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, designing and developing complex features for clients' business needs. You will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs.
You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership, mentorship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and documentation. You will challenge your leading edge solutions, consultative and business skills through the diversity of work in multiple industry domains. This role is considered part of the Business Unit Senior Leadership team and may mentor junior architects and other delivery team members.
- Establish trusted adviser relationship with decision makers.
- Confer with customer, sales and partner sales team to collect the requirements.
- Prepare sales presentations with service offerings, case studies and proof points.
- Develop ROI and economic models to justify proposed solutions stacks.
- Develop proposals and pricing models for cloud engagements.
- Develop solution briefs.
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts and technical architects to devise client solutions.
- Involve in quarterly account plan table-top reviews and overall governance and training of cloud team.
- Execute solutions’ presentations, demos and handle scenario sessions with clients.
- Determine technical risk and issues and suggest mitigation options.
- Coordinate with Sales, Business Development and Account Manager to pursue sales cycles.
- Minimum 10-15 years of professional experience in IT.
- 5+ Years of experience in designing and implementing cloud solutions.
- Good to have Associate level cloud certification.
- Strong understanding on infrastructure design, networking, virtualization, cloud security and IAM.
- Well versed with prevailing cloud services, trends and terminologies.
- Strong understanding of DevOps and DevSecOps culture.
- Strong communication and presentations skills.
- Leadership and team management experience with ability to provide strategic planning and oversight.
- At least 5 years of experience in a professional services company, consulting firm, or agency
- Have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture.
- Experience in project and solution estimation and team structure definition.
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction.
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point.
- Experience leading customer workshop sessions to educate customers on the latest technology trends and best practices.
- Proven track record of leadership roles delivering solutions within defined timeframes.
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-shore teams.
- Desire to mentor younger team members and develop their skills.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience leading internal initiatives.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be independent and self-driven.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Must be open to travel.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Certification in AWS and/or GCP
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time. #LI-AB1