Buyer at Piaggio Fast Forward
Boston-based company Piaggio Fast Forward Inc. (PFF) was founded in 2015 by the Piaggio Group (the Italian manufacturer that created the iconic Vespa scooter). We are on a mission to build technology products that move the way that people move. In order to bring products to market today, PFF is solving the problem of robotic interaction with people in dynamically changing environments. We’re innovators, neighbors and creators with a passion for local living and pushing the limits on urban transportation. We support a sustainable mobility ecology with healthy lifestyles and social connectivity available to all, regardless of age or abilities.
Piaggio Fast Forward (PFF) is seeking a driven and detail-oriented Buyer to be responsible for selecting and purchasing quality products for our business. Your responsibilities will include processing purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, creating and maintaining inventory, quality assurance, and working cross-functionally with the inventory team and management. The Buyer will work across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on demand.
The Buyer should be analytically minded, possess excellent negotiation skills, and be a creative problem solver in order to secure the best prices according to budget. Knowledge of sales and marketing principles is beneficial.
- Research, select, and purchase quality products and materials.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders.
- Update inventory and ensure that inventory levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Coordinate with inventory and management teams, as required.
- Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management.
- Proven work experience as a Buyer, Purchasing Agent or similar role.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint).
- ERP/MRP experience, specifically with NetSuite preferred.
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.Ability to work well with a team.
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment.
Commitment to Diversity
We strive to create a workforce that embraces every culture, language, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, background and experience. PFF has multiple DEI programs in place for our employees; including a mentorship program, regular pay equity audits, DEI training, and a standardized interviewing framework that is focused on "culture add". These programs support an equitable and inclusive workplace that promote the growth, retention, and recruiting of women and BIPOC in the workplace.
Note: Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed we encourage you to apply. Think of it more as looking for some of the items listed, not all.
Where legally permissible, must be willing to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination status on first day of employment.