THE ROLE: Buyer, Footwear
We’re looking for…
The Buyer for Women’s Footwear will be responsible for selection expansion including identifying potential brands and product business opportunities, building direct relationships with key suppliers, negotiating contracts, terms & conditions, working with brands to build comprehensive selection, setting prices, developing collaborative marketing and promotions, driving sales and margin improvements. The right candidate stays on top of industry and competitive trends and can execute at both a tactical and strategic level to drive selection, sales, and margin growth.
What you’ll accomplish…
- Drive sales, meet goals and deliver margin improvements
- Successful selection in identifying potential brand and product business opportunities.
- Open big to small brands directly, to plan impactful events to grow the business
- Build direct relationships with key suppliers, vetting prospects, negotiating contracts, terms & conditions.
- Consistently manage brand setup and new item setup processes.
- Work with brands to build comprehensive selection, setting prices & developing marketing promotions.
- Drive sales, meet goals and deliver margin improvements.
- Proven analytical thinking around trends, sales, inventory and turn.
- Analyze brand and category data to optimize performance and improve future decision making.
- Work cross functionally with Marketing, AP, Programming, Planning and Production teams to ensure products are properly merchandised and all pertinent information is included to maximize sale potential.
In return for these accomplishments the following will be provided…
- The opportunity to make an enormous impact on company growth as well as gain exposure to top management.
- The chance to bring innovation and extreme knowledge of the Footwear space to concept ideas and bring new brands to the existing business.
- 7 years’ experience in retail or e-commerce with 2 + years direct buying experience
- Previous category knowledge in Footwear is a plus
- Ability to manage a highly visible business
- Strong vendor relationships in the market
- Proven experience managing an OTB, and competent in inventory control
- Creative an innovative approach to business
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 20+ million loyal members turn to Rue La La & Gilt for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.