Business Operations Team Lead - MM/Enterprise/Reseller at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
We are looking for a Business Operations Team Lead to fill a brand new role and play an integral part in scaling Toast’s rapidly growing business. This person will lead the operational support for the Mid-Market/Enterprise and Reseller channels. You will join a dynamic Business Operations team that is the “go-to” team for Sales and Customer Success, building and executing a process to close and onboard new business efficiently and effectively. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with various departments, including Sales, Services, Billing, Financing, Legal and Payments. This person will work closely with senior leadership across those functions, and drive them to alignment in order to execute deals quickly and in a fiscally responsible manner.
This role provides a great opportunity to demonstrate leadership skills in building and challenging a high performing team and managing with metrics. It will require structuring a team for success, helping them problem solve and resolve issues as they arise, and acting as an escalation point. The success of this role directly impacts our revenue streams in a significant manner. As such this role is an opportunity to join us at a groundbreaking moment and truly make an impact. For the right candidate, this is a career-defining opportunity.
- Coordinate and ensure Master Services Agreements (MSAs) are being created, QA’ed and executed in a timely manner; ensure MSAs meet operational requirements; enforce existing contract clauses
- Serve as primary escalation point for Business Operations Representatives and work cross-functionally with Sales, Accounting, Services, Reseller community, Restaurant Success etc. to resolve issues
- Manage a team of Business Operations Representatives, ensuring work is completed in an accurate and timely manner in line with our SLAs
- Develop and refine processes to better serve our sales and operational teams, to QA our work, and to proactively address customer issues
- Onboard and train new Business Operations Representatives and provide ongoing training as necessary
We are seeking a highly organized, tech-savvy, intellectually curious candidate with excellent communication skills and the ability to learn quickly.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work with key stakeholders throughout various levels of management and to influence others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong time management and sense of urgency
- Confidence prioritizing and making time-sensitive decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Relentless problem solver
- Project management experience a plus
- Experience managing an effective team a plus