Business Development Representative
Greater Boston Area
Klaviyo is using technology to reinvent email marketing from the ground up. For too long marketing has been pretty selfish. Companies blast everyone with the same email, not because they think that’s what customers want, but because they don’t have a choice. Klaviyo fundamentally changes the game. Our software ties together everything companies know about their customers, processes massive quantities of data in real-time, and uses it to drive a platform that’s part CRM, part analytics engine, and 100% an email platform that gets results.
Technology has come a long way in the last 15 years, but email hasn’t really changed. We’re here to fix that.
Inbound Business Development (iBD) at Klaviyo
A crucial first step in the sales cycle. Properly qualifying and learning about a customer's needs is integral to success in a sales role. We possess a deep understanding of the value of Klaviyo's platform and the positive impact it can have on our prospective customers. We pride ourselves on accountability, effort and working collaboratively to create positive outcomes. We understand that these values are essential to meeting goals and exceeding expectations.
- Generate meetings for the sales team through the rapid response to and qualification of inbound leads
- Learn to effectively identify qualified leads, articulate Klaviyo’s value proposition, and route opportunities properly to the direct sales team
- Support the success of your peers and provide guidance and support to new BDRs
- Spend time optimizing the role/process of an iBDR
- Reflect Klaviyo’s values of accountability and effort
- Build a plan to reach out to key prospects and have a timeline for execution.
- Utilize all available resources to reach out to key prospects and establish a line of communication.
- Have a BA/BS or equivalent
- Have a strong desire to be in technology sales and have already developed a baseline framework for how to effectively sell
- Continually seek improvement and are rigorous in your pursuit of it
- Are excited, motivated, and inspired by exceeding goals
- Are thoughtful, engaging, energetic, and self-aware
- Have experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Focus on details, are a self-starter, and are relentless but professional
- Have excellent written/verbal communication skills
Klaviyo is a team of people who are crazy motivated by growth.
It’s what we help our customers do: grow their businesses by making it possible and easy for them to use their data to power better marketing.
It’s how we behave as individuals; we’re all deeply passionate about learning.
It’s how we manage our business; we have thousands of paying customers, we’re profitable and we’re growing insanely fast.
And it’s what our culture is all about. Working at Klaviyo means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would; you’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider possible and you’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.
Your curiosity has led you this far, so if this sounds like your ideal place to work, apply now!
No phone calls or agency submissions, please. Candidates from the local area only, no relocation available at this time.
Read Full Job Description