Vestmark is searching for a talented, motivated individual with a passion for hunting prospective buyers, stimulating their curiosity and desire to learn how Vestmark can help improve their wealth management practice. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role with the opportunity to have a substantive and measurable impact on growing our business. You should be naturally inquisitive with a bias towards listening and learning. You should also be self-motivated and adept at applying your passion for learning and understanding in varying ways all in the pursuit of bringing new leads into the sales process.
As a Business Development Representative (BDR) at Vestmark, you play a vital role in maximizing the attainment of the company’s new business and revenue goals. You will be a hunter at the top of our sales funnel, qualifying inbound leads and using your prospecting skills to target and pursue outbound prospects. You will create demand for fintech solutions and educate prospective buyers on the value of the VestmarkOne Wealth Management, SaaS platform. Your goal is to book meetings with well-qualified prospects for your field sales reps to help them meet their new business goals.
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Sales Operations and will be an important contributor to the teams overarching goal of helping our hunting and farming sales executives achieve their sales goals.
- Work collaboratively and efficiently with your field sales reps
- Meet or exceed monthly and quarterly quota targets for qualified prospect sales meetings
- Participate in sales meetings, conference calls, and from time to time in-person conferences
- Use our application tech stack (Salesforce.com, SalesLoft, LinkedIn SalesNav, etc) to execute your work and maintain accurate and up-to-date activity capture.
- Build a personal territory plan by identifying top prospects and key contacts, and creating effective messaging for each account to generate interest via telephone
- Perform daily cadence of outbound prospecting activities including cold calls and personalized emails
- Immediately contact, qualify and nurture inbound leads generated by marketing
- Assist in building the funnel by participating in marketing programs as needed (may involve calling prospects to generate interest in events or dinners and attending shows and conferences)
- BS/BA degree
- 2+ years of experience in enterprise lead development, preferably in the fintech or financial services industry
- Demonstrated success cold calling and gaining access to senior people
- Excellent verbal communication skills; effective at engaging prospects, instilling confidence, gaining referrals and valuable information to move a sales cycle forward
- Strong written communication skills to enable professional, brand building, email follow-up as needed
- Outstanding time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Driven and eager to professionally develop and succeed
- Understanding the Wealth Management Industry a strong plus
- Intellectually curious
- Positive attitude and energy, self-motivated
- Highly collaborative team player
- A work hard, play hard mindset but also a sense of humor
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information.