Business Development Representative at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a Business Development Representative to engage with our outbound customer base in an activities driven role, which will build their sales acumen and eventually lead them to the opportunity to interview for a Dealer Account Executive Role. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial attitude, the ability to multi-task in a rapidly-changing working environment, strong communication skills, and be proficient at regularly attaining quotas by adhering to a systematic and repeatable lead development process. Additionally, this individual will have to be open to coaching and training, as there is a large classroom aspect to this role, with multiple certifications to test for comprehension and strict daily and monthly activity metrics. Upon successful completion in the BDR I role, the individual will have the opportunity to become a BDR II and close their own outbound business in a preparation for interviewing as a Dealer Account Executive.
What You'll Do:
- Use Salesforce to uncover new prospects and create new sales opportunities for the Account Executives
- Demonstrate persistence, tenacity, and the ability to overcome obstacles and handle objections
- Develop and consistently meet or exceed all assigned quotas and key performance metrics
- Log all sales activity completely and accurately in Salesforce
- Engage in weekly trainings, coaching’s and sales practice, culminating in a variety of sales certifications to graduate to the BDR II program
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1+ years selling and/or sales development experience
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to stay focused on task and follow directions precisely
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.