Business Development Representative
At Seedling - We imagine a World where brands put people first, in both the way they are treated and communicated with.
We believe that ordinary people are capable of extraordinary results when put in the right roles, given powerful tools, and supported by an organizations leaders.
We help teams and executives stay ahead of disruption. We accomplish this by learning the strengths of teams, their blind spots, weaknesses, brand value and differentiators. From there we can set them up for success with a plan to communicate their value better than their competitors and on their customers terms. Everything we do is customer-centric. That enables brands to connect with the right customers, at the right time, with the right message, across all relevant channels.
We connect with teams to
- Understand their challenges & expectations.
- Focus on long-term results.
- Give honest assessments and recommendations.
- Provide workshops on latest digital marketing technologies and strategies.
- Future-proof organizations against disruption via threat assessments and strategic growth planning.
Our Ideal clients are Small and Mid-Market B2B organizations ($10MM - $100 MM in annual revenue).
Notable Brand We’ve Worked With
- Panera Bread Company
- Massachusetts State Lottery
- Boston Beer Company
- Sam Adams
- Fenway Health (Nationwide Healthcare Company & Hospitals)
- Ferrara Candy Company
- Black Forest Organic Gummies
We're looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our sales team. Our BDRs research prospective customers, create outreach strategies and identify sales opportunities. As a BDR, you will conduct exploratory conversations with potential customers, use your business acumen to identify how Seedling could help a business grow, and successfully position the Seedling value proposition. This position offers a base salary and commission. Seedling employees who demonstrate high performance and commitment will have the opportunity for career development and advancement within sales.
In this role, you'll get to:
• Work closely and collaboratively with Sales Representatives to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
• Conduct high volume prospecting (60-100 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media
• Schedule marketing assessments and discovery meetings for Sales Representatives to further assess a prospect's business and potential for partnership
• Conduct needs qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned
• Help small and mid-sized companies realize the potential of digital marketing
• Set yourself up for a successful career by learning the necessary fundamentals to be a great salesperson, leader, and executive
We're looking for people who work well under these conditions:
- Each day different from the next; especially in personal interactions Fast-paced environment Multiple projects going simultaneously
- Extremely socially-focused Great deal of attention devoted to building and maintaining relationships Warm, empathetic, and helpful
- Anything but routine decisions must not be made in a vacuum: it's very important to involve others in the process Most of the information that must be collected before making a decision comes from other people: customers, colleagues, consultants, etc
- Communication is energetic, lively, free flowing, and informal Very persuasive, “selling” communication required Highly collaborative position: much time is spent working with others
- High degree of comfort in delegation is required: position involves delegation of both authority and details Must quickly trust in others and be able to delegate easily, even with new people Leadership through building and maintaining strong relationships Very little follow-up required on delegated tasks; a deep understanding of others' capabilities and trust in their commitment is necessary
The duties of this job are primarily about making connections with other people. Relationships are formed quickly, informally, and comfortably, and gaining the enthusiasm and cooperation of others. In this job, it is very important to connect with other people: to meet new and different people on a day to day basis, to quickly form relationships, and to use those relationships to get work done. Great attentiveness to other people is required: an ability to read other people, to listen to them, and to empathize with them. Much of the work centers around working with and through other people. The job involves persuading others through gaining an understanding of where they’re coming from, and using that information to bring them to your desired resolution. Communication is almost always of a "selling" rather than "telling" nature. A lively enthusiasm is necessary. Personal interactions will generally be upbeat and cheerful, requiring someone who is warm, helpful, and friendly. Others must be put at ease, and feel welcome. This work is not detail-oriented in nature. The same easy-going, informal manner that is required of personal interactions carries over into any work products. The job is relatively free from direct involvement with details, with few strict guidelines. This job allows much flexibility in how the results are produced. There will be a fair degree of difference from one day to the next, especially with regard to personal interactions. There will be several "pots on the fire" at once, and a relatively quick pace is required to keep everything going smoothly.
Seedling’s Core Values
- Connect with people - Make relationships personal and show that we care for them.
- Focus on the long term - Great work takes time. Never compromise on that.
- Always tell the truth - Be honest especially in the tough times.
- Embrace change - Be flexible and adaptable. Learn to learn quickly.
- Break new ground - Bring new ideas to life. Challenge the status quo.
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the skills below, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. We want to hear from you! If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you! At Seedling we invest heavily in coaching, educating, and developing our team members personally and professionally.