Business Development Representative at MineralTree
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2018, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization – everyone is working towards a common goal where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive towards challenging goals. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
- Operate as the lead Point of Contact for any and all matters specific to your prospects until they are handed off to the assigned Account Executive.
- Call on new prospects with high frequency and urgency to obtain regular, repeatable, predictable flow of leads for the Account Executives.
- Help qualify warm partner prospect leads via online databases and outbound calling.
- Educate prospective partners on the benefits of our solution and partner program in order to persuade them to take the next step in the process.
- Help from time-to-time with first-touch demand generation activities (digital marketing, trade shows, etc.).
- Qualify prospects to a few basic criteria before handing off to AE’s.
- Provide clear, concise and consistent follow up via e-mail.
- Proactively provide a thorough understanding of the company’s products, plans and services.
- Contribute to targeted marketing plans and other marketing campaigns
- Provide constant feedback to marketing and sales managers on the effectiveness of different messages and campaigns (reports), as well as occasional feedback on our product
- Provide regular forecast on key activities and results obtained while ensuring forecast and pipeline accuracy
- Escalate critical deals in a proactive and professional manner
- Utilize supplied salesforce automation (Salesforce.com, plug-ins, dialer technology, etc.) in accordance with direction from sales management
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Prior business development experience preferred
- Strong telephone and prospecting (cold-calling) skills
- Understanding of SaaS/B2B high tech industry a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Goal-oriented, highly confident, self-motivated
- Strong technical skills with the ability to learn and utilize SalesForce.com, plug-in’s to SF, and dialer technology
- Excellent organizational skills
- Work cross-functionally during sales cycle to ensure successful transfer of qualified leads to AE’s
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.