Business Development Representative
HubSpot seeks a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our sales team. Our BDRs research prospective customers, create outreach strategies, and identify sales opportunities. As a BDR, you will conduct exploratory conversations with potential customers, use your business acumen to identify how HubSpot could help a business grow, and successfully position the HubSpot value proposition.
This position offers a base salary and commission. HubSpot employees who demonstrate high performance and commitment will have the opportunity for career development and advancement within sales.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work closely and collaboratively with Sales Representatives to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
- Conduct high volume prospecting (60-100 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media
- Schedule marketing assessments and discovery meetings for Sales Representatives to further assess a prospect's business and potential for partnership with HubSpot
- Conduct needs qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned
- Help small and mid-sized companies realize the potential of digital marketing
- Set yourself up for a successful career by learning the necessary fundamentals to be a great salesperson, leader, and executive
- Get a mini-MBA! You'll learn how a variety of businesses operate, what challenges they face on a daily basis, and how technology can dramatically improve their businesses and employees' lives
We’re looking for people who have:
- A track record of high achievement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous successful sales experience OR a strong desire to begin a sales career
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who challenge you to be better
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Are naturally curious and passionate
- The technical aptitude to master our sales tools
- A keenly developed competitive nature
- A "one-speed" energy with a highly self-driven sense of motivation
- The ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
- Previous sales experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed sales quotas a plus (but not required)
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 4M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).