Tamr, Inc., connects and enriches the vast reserves of underutilized internal and external data, so enterprises can use all their data for analytics and downstream applications. Tamr’s data-unification platform combines machine learning algorithms with collective human insight to identify sources, understand relationships and curate the massive variety of silo-ed data. The Tamr platform is deployed in production at information services providers, pharmaceutical firms, manufacturers and other customers. Based in Cambridge, Mass., Tamr was founded in 2013 by database industry veterans Andy Palmer, Mike Stonebraker and Ihab Ilyas with George Beskales, Daniel Bruckner and Alex Pagan. Tamr was named in Boston Globe's Top 10 Places to work in 2015.
Tamr’s rapidly growing customer base includes some of the largest and most prestigious organizations in the world -- including Amgen, Biogen Idec, Cinch, GE, HP, Merck, Novartis, Roche, Thomson Reuters, and Toyota -- and the company is financially backed by top-tier firms such as Google Ventures, NEA, Hewlett Packard Ventures, MassMutual Ventures, SineWave Ventures, Thomson Reuters, and Work-Bench.
We’re always seeking the best and brightest people to join our team, which was ranked as The Top Place To Work by the Boston Globe in 2015. Tamr’s startup atmosphere produces a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and is perfect for those seeking plenty of opportunities to make a significant impact on the company and our customers.
We’re seeking an experienced, accomplished business development representative that can work closely with sales reps to consistently achieve opportunity targets and thrive in a startup atmosphere. The role will be critical to pipeline growth, requires core business development capabilities, and includes a path to outside sales or other leadership positions. This is not a closing role.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Primary focus on booking first meetings via marketing lead generation activity follow-up (webinars, events, web, etc)
- Targeted outreach to surface and execute upon opportunities at high-priority accounts
- Collaboratively work with Marketing to surface key insight that will optimize campaign effectiveness
- Occasionally lead first calls with key prospects in conjunction with Field Engineering
- Previous experience with inbound/outbound lead generation
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and high activity levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- High energy, driven attitude. Comfortable and flexible in an evolving, growing start-up work environment Experience working in a technology-based organization. Experience using a CRM system, preferably Salesforce.com
This position is available in Cambridge MA. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a Visa.