Business Development Representative at Everbridge
This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to participate in two of the fastest-growing segments of the Internet – SaaS and the Cloud! Get in on the ground floor at Everbridge, the market leader for Unified Communications solutions.
We are seeking an individual to work onsite in our world class Burlington, MA office as a member of the Business Development team. This team plays a critical role in achieving our aggressive revenue goals and has been a key asset to our incredible growth.
About the Team:
- The Business Development team is responsible for supporting the entire sales organization in driving the early stages of the sales cycle to develop qualified sales opportunities. The BDR team partners closely with the inside sales representatives, hybrid account executives and hybrid account managers within the corporate, government, and healthcare verticals. The group works within an open environment facilitating collaboration and teamwork and is a launching pad for your career in sales. Come join our growing team!
- This is a great opportunity for advancement within Everbridge. We believe in promoting from within and investing in our employees. If you enjoy people, are dedicated to making money and want to work in a fast-paced, business casual environment, this opportunity is for you.
- Learn more about Everbridge and see photos of our office here .
- Meet the Sales and Account Management team here .
- Respond to and develop marketing leads into qualified sales meetings.
- Call on predefined customer’s lists to generate new sales pipeline opportunities.
- Ability to develop a ‘Why Everbridge, Why Now’ proposition for each prospect interaction & close cooperation with the sales team to identify and follow up on new leads/opportunities and all other inbounds.
- Partner with sales and marketing to identify ongoing goals and needs; work to structure regionalized strategies to capitalize on opportunities.
- Nurture CRM database according to Account Executive/Account Manager sales strategies to qualify prospects and initiate a warm hand off.
- Leverage and expand both account and contact base; will include networking within as well as researching states and organizations to develop additional leads for prospective clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field preferred.
- Previous outbound telemarketing, sales, or customer service experience selling a complex SaaS/Cloud platform.
- 1-3 years or equivalent experience in a co-op, internship, or other.
- Fluency in English required.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a Player & Coach to other Business Development Representatives.
- Must be motivated, methodical, optimistic and competitive.
- Exceptional verbal and written interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience with SaaS products or services, telecommunication services, business continuity planning, disaster recovery, emergency management, incident communications, security or related products highly desirable.
- Specific experience working with a CRM platform (preferred), SalesForce.com a plus.
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations across the world, our team of 750+ dedicated employees support more than 4,200 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks, or severe weather conditions—as well as during critical business like IT outages or cyber-attacks—customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate employees and first responders, automate a pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on those response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 8 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 7 of the top 10 U.S. technology and telecom companies
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 7 of the 10 largest U.S. healthcare systems
- 6 of the 10 largest U.S. retailers
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, apply to be a part of our award-winning team.
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.