Business Development Representative, US
About Salary Finance
We’re looking for an exceptional, driven, high-calibre Business Development Representative. In this role you will help develop and execute the strategies that ensure Salary Finance maintains a healthy pipeline of qualified leads. As Salary Finance’s first dedicated Business Development Representative hire, you will play a pivotal role in the sales process from identifying target accounts to engaging directly with prospective customers. This is a high impact role with significant opportunity for career growth.
- You are passionate about technology and social impact, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You are resilient, empathetic, collaborative, and detail-oriented.
- You are a self starter, enthusiastic, and have the ability to work autonomously with confidence.
- You have worked in the sales function of a growing business and have experience of selling a B2B offering.
- You have a prospecting mentality and an inquisitive nature.
- You have outperformed your targets, or have been recognized as a leader in your peer group.
- You have a logical, analytical and investigative mind but with great charm and excellent powers of persuasion.
- You are degree educated (or equivalent).
- You are a persuasive communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and are capable of comprehending and presenting complex technical topics and specialized information in an easy to understand format.
- You have the ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality.
- You are excited by the prospect of working in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- You have the ambition and determination to shape this role yourself – we will give you lots of room for growth.
Nice to have
- You have 1 to 3 years experience in a technical or financial sales role.
- You have experience in employee benefits, financial services, or innovative high growth companies.
- You have experience of selling both a B2C and B2B offering.
- You have experience of using CRM tools to track your sales pipeline.
- Identify target accounts and develop a scalable prospecting process.
- Connect with prospective customers over phone, email, and other relevant channels.
- Qualify leads to maximize our chances of success.
- Discover clients’ needs and present Salary Finance’s value proposition during introductory calls.
- Support marketing-led lead generation campaigns by qualifying and converting inbound leads.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing Associate to produce a quantifiable and predictable pipeline of sales opportunities.
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to deliver focused prospecting campaigns.
- Manage client relationships throughout the sales cycle, including launch.
- Work with the other Sales Team members to win clients through face-to-face, screenshare and phone meetings.
- Work with the Product Team to ensure your clients’ needs are met.
- Work with the Head of Partnerships to create quarterly and yearly plans.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Generous company benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance with 50% covered by company; short-term disability, 401k, 20 personal days and extra day off on your birthday and many other perks!
We’re looking for someone who will make a difference! We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com/US.