Business Development Manager, Life Sciences at InterSystems
InterSystems Corporation is a global, privately owned software company headquartered in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA - the tech hub of New England. We are the leading provider of database and interoperability technologies to the healthcare industry. More than two-thirds of the U.S. population is served by InterSystems-based healthcare technology. Our technology is great, but it’s our people that really make the difference. At InterSystems you’ll be surrounded by smart, hard-working people with an innate love for tackling challenges and a passion for excellence.
Business Development Manager, Life Sciences is responsible for increasing revenue with new and existing life sciences, pharma, biotech companies, and consulting partners.
Define and execute a business relationship with new and existing life sciences companies. Win new business, and develop long term revenue streams selling the portfolio of our healthcare technology SAAS products into the life sciences vertical
• Understand competitive landscape and how to overcome competitive objections.
• Act as the principal liaison between InterSystems and life sciences companies, and our large consulting partners.
• Represent InterSystems at sales conferences to promote the Company’s products and services.
Hunter profile focusing on new business
• 8+ years related experience
• Proven track record of increasing revenue through new customer acquisition
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Prior experience selling software solutions into the life sciences markets
• Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills
• Capable of quickly learning new software product(s) and clearly communicate it’s value proposition
• A proven closer, able to garner commitment every step of sales process
Education and Training
Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience
InterSystems provides the information engines that power some of the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, finance, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems has been a strategic technology provider since 1978. InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 100 countries. For more information about InterSystems, the Cache database, Ensemble, HealthShare, TrakCare and more, please visit intersystems.com.