Business Development Manager - Air at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
• 4+ years of sales and partner management experience at a high-growth technology company, with a track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals
• Experience cross-selling a complex suite of products and services to different stakeholders at all levels of target organizations
• Excellent analytical skills including the ability to forecast deal value and model unit economics
• Superior ability to craft and deliver compelling and data driven presentations
• Capacity to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision
• Perfect written and verbal fluency in English
• Comfortable working in a remote environment with a globally distributed team
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Prior experience in airline distribution (OTA, TMC, GDS, airline, etc)
• Bi-lingual in English & Spanish
About the job
The Hopper Business Development Manager, Air initiates and maintains win-win partnerships with the world’s leading airlines. Hopper has a unique and expanding suite of products and services that you would offer to carriers in order to support Hopper’s users and optimize Hopper revenue.
The Air Business Development team at Hopper owns supplier relationships for a business that generates $1B/year in flight sales. Airline relationships are vital to the success of Hopper as they power the travel marketplace and enable downstream revenue opportunities for the company as a whole.
At Hopper you can have an immediate impact in a high-growth environment. Airline sales and distribution is a distinct field, so prior experience in airline distribution (OTA, TMC, GDS, airline, etc) is preferred. The strongest candidates will be able to intuitively communicate Hopper’s unique value proposition and frame our benefits to airlines.
- Identify opportunities with prospective airline partners and own the partner acquisition cycle from first contact to close
- Manage the full scope of partnership for a portfolio of airline accounts, including: cold outreach, contract negotiation and renewals, marketing funds, service funds, ticketing operations and agency support
- Cross-sell an expanding suite of products and services into different airline business teams (Distribution, Sales, Revenue Management and Marketing)
- Leverage data analysis to understand partner performance, forecast deal value and model unit economics
- Work closely with the product team to ensure airline display requirements are met in the app, negotiated API integrations are on track, and with the data science team to analyze and communicate partner performance
- Identify and represent Hopper in relevant trade shows and conferences
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description