Business Development Associate
Abacus Insights is a data-first company putting the tech in “Health Tech”. Our platform helps healthcare companies take data from siloed legacy systems and messy, unstandardized formats and bring it together in one place for data science and operational excellence. This in turn enables our customers to deliver higher-quality healthcare, a better experience, and lower costs.
You will join our fast-growing, values-driven team, many with consulting backgrounds, who care deeply about improving the healthcare experience.
Apply if you are:
- motivated by the opportunity to drive significant change in the healthcare industry
- eager to solve healthcare’s biggest challenges by creatively applying the latest technology in analytics and big data to directly address industry needs
- energized about working alongside the senior leadership of influential healthcare organizations to change how they approach healthcare in today’s environment
- happy working cross-functionally within our customers’ large and complex organizations, as well as internally with Abacus teams like Product, Engineering, Architecture, and Operations
- eager to learn a lot very quickly about healthcare, big data, cloud, and data science
- excited about making strong strategic relationships with key customer stakeholders to advise, partner, and drive execution
You should expect to:
- work directly with our customers to lead successful engagements, which include developing and prioritizing business use cases, synthesizing findings into recommendations, articulating business value of recommendations, overseeing large IT platform implementations, and liaising between customer stakeholders and Abacus internal teams
- assist in sales efforts by developing the scope of engagements, laying out project schedules and timelines, defining requirements for deliverables, and creating and managing project budgets
- support creative partnership opportunities in short term (e.g. joint go-to-market / white label) or future state (e.g. IoT Integration / Developer Marketplace), including sourcing and tracking leads for data and technology partnerships
- develop, present, and clearly communicate to senior level audiences
- maintain active and ongoing communication with customers to manage expectations, ensure timely delivery of milestones, escalate risks or issues, and lead change efforts effectively
Terrific if you have experience with:
- healthcare management consulting, investment banking, or business development and working directly with senior leaders and leading cross-functional teams
- in data management, have technical expertise or previous IT consulting experience
- working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities, while effectively managing time and workload expectations
Negotiable based on experience and qualifications.