Billing Collections Representative at Toast
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet-based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars, and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Collections Specialist role will report to the accounting manager and is responsible for the daily billing operations. This is a challenging role that requires problem-solving and the ability to record complex billing transactions. This role will involve significant interaction with customers as well as internal partners including; Sales, Sales Operations, Information Systems, etc.
About this roll*
- Ensure collection of invoice totals from Toast’s customers
- Provide weekly reporting related to past due accounts and give recommendations for resolution
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to ensure customers and their internal contacts are aware of outstanding balances
- Perform proactive reach-out to customers
- Post customer payments, refunds, and deposits by recording ACH and credit card transactions
- Review and follow up on customer outstanding balances
- Respond to customer account inquiries and follow through to resolution
- Ensure timely responses to all billing inquiries
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and implement efficiencies in the billing process
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Knowledge of billing and collections
- Attentive to detail and goal-oriented
- High comfort level with initiating engagements with customers over the phone
- Strong communicator with an ability to maintain customer satisfaction
- High degree of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or applicable prior work experience
- Experience working in NetSuite, SalesForce, or other similar SaaS-based ERP and CRM systems
- Customer Service experience is a plus!
*Bread puns encouraged but not required