Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia is seeking an Associate Solutions Engineer to join our US Presales team – someone to evangelize Acquia to our potential customers; to work with our prospective customers to develop strong technical solutions that map to their business needs. In this role, you will:
- Develop a deep knowledge of Acquia’s products, solutions, and value propositions
- Build solution proposals, presentations, and other customer communications
- Gather customer business needs to tailor the right solution with the Acquia products to help the customer succeed
- Combat competitive threats in accounts and educates the customer on Acquia’s key values and benefits
- Anticipate potential challenges for the proposed project plan and brings those to the customer attention with a resolution
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to delivery by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design
- Engage with peers on technical matters and helps educate others on Acquia’s key values and benefits
The ideal candidate has the ability and desire to develop a solid and demonstrable understanding of SaaS software ideally in web development / content management and / or e-commerce. You should be confident and comfortable with illustrating your ideas in written, verbal and visual forms.Summary:
Acquia’s Associate Solutions Engineers communicate how Drupal and Acquia can help them succeed. You'll research, scope, estimate and present Drupal solutions for enterprise-grade web sites and applications. You'll also act as a key bridge between our business development team and our engineers and consultants, both helping sales staff to better position Drupal and Acquia’s solutions, as well as bringing feedback from customers back into the development of new products and processes.Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Technical Degree required with strong preference for a Major or Minor in Computer Science, IT, Information Services or similar
- Front- end experience
- Experience in sales a plus
- Solution selling experience especially with customers regarding their technical requirements a plus
- Loves Technology
- Loves Problem Solving
- Has a desire to go in-depth on technical solutions
- Has had hands-on knowledge with some of the current industry leading technology (in a classroom or real world setting)
- Demonstrates an ability to learn new technologies and effectively communicate those concepts to others
- Outstanding interpersonal skills (detail-oriented)
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates good questioning techniques and effective interpretation skills
- Demonstrates ability to work as a team on large complex projects
- Possesses an effective presentation capability with both small and medium sized audiences
- Comfortable balancing multiple concurrent opportunities and delivering on time
- Passion for open source and for helping us build a hot and growing start-up
- A keen interest in learning Drupal and relevant WCM application architecture
- Drupal knowledge is not required, experience in relevant WCM or Marketing technologies is strongly preferred.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.