Associate Director Strategy & Business Development at Chewy (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Are you a visionary that enjoys innovating on behalf of customers to create unique, special, and lovable experiences? Are you an equal part builder that gets great satisfaction from seeing your idea come to life? If so, come make history inventing digital-first services to deliver on our mission to make pet healthcare affordable and accessible to all US households.
We are looking for an Associate Director Strategy & Business Development - Healthcare Services to be an advocate for the customer. This candidate will join our burgeoning healthcare services team to build-out an innovative, new vertical at Chewy. In this role, you will drive the end-to-end customer experience, including assortment strategy, pricing, business case and financial analysis. You will manage the external vendor relationships, contract negotiations and partner with internal cross-functional teams to define the business requirements of your vision, influencing all inputs of the service delivery across product teams, UX design, sales operations, customer service, and marketing functions.
This role requires equal parts of creativity and rigorous, analytical thinking to deliver simple solutions to complicated customer problems in a highly regulated industry. We envision that successful execution of this idea will lead Chewy to becoming the market leader in this category.
What you'll do:
- Define and execute on a strategic market opportunity to solve an unmet customer need that aligns with category mission and vision statement.
- Lead marketing sizing, customer segmentation, competitive positioning, competitive analysis, and business case for growth opportunity.
- Define roadmap to delivering strategy, including identifying partners, contract negotiations and developing key long-term business relationships to offer a compelling assortment to our customers.
- Identify key customer value propositions for new offering, including designing features and leading new product development.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders to define business requirements (e.g. product teams, marketing, sales teams, partner teams, legal, PR, compliance, etc.).
- Recommend business plans that achieve company goals while achieving a healthy risk-reward profile with a bias towards action/accelerating time to market
- Drive execution of vertical and category initiatives across the continuum of pet healthcare stakeholders, establishing relationships with B2B and B2B2C partners
- Draft and present business review updates to C-Suite and senior leadership team
What you'll need:
- A track record of developing and executing on the strategy and vision for new B2C products, including delivering innovation to a category that has potential to disrupt the industry
- Background in management consulting, business development, product management, brand management, or relevant experience delivering high-impact innovation
- Experience executing large scale projects end-to-end, including demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams through highly complex, ambiguous situations presenting them with clear, actionable insights that accelerate time to market
- Ability to stage gate new frontier ideas into digestible, actionable plans to deliver across multi-year roadmap, working backwards from the customer
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent communication skills, including experience communicating convictions to C-Suite, written and verbal
- Tech, retail, healthcare, and/or consumer financial services industry experience preferred
- Experience with marketplace solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA or equivalent background helpful
- Position may require travel
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]