Associate, Content Development & Training, Sales Enablement
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
The role of Associate, Content Development & Training, Sales Enablement will effectively meet Indigo’s continuously evolving training needs through the development and management of training programs, events and activities.
- Effectively meet the training needs of the sales function in the commercial organization
- Successfully execute ongoing sales enablement activities that lead to well-trained inside sales representatives who consistently meet or overachieve their targets
- Ensure Indigo is able to hire employees without an agriculture background successfully as a result of well-designed, ongoing training, that facilitates required knowledge and skills development
- Develop, execute and continuously improve a comprehensive inside sales training plan; including E-learning
- Collaborate with inside sales management to define training needs, identify optimal training channels and activities and capture these in a training plan
- With Inside Sales Manager, monitor and coach reps to achieve optimal performance
- Assist with LMS functionalities such as training development, quality reviews of courses/modules, and reporting associated with training events and assessments
- Monitor and report on individual progress, identify and eliminate gaps and collaborate with inside sales management to address them
- Become a thought partner to sales leaders in coming up with creative ways to develop Indigo specific knowledge and skills
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to produce high retention content and appropriate skills training
- Develop unique expertise in what training methods and type of content are most effective for inside sales
- Regularly deliver training to sales and inside sales audiences
- Problem solver, laser focused on results
- Fast learner and a high ownership mindset
- Can pick up on complicated concepts (e.g., the core strategy and operations of Indigo’s business) quickly
- Ability to successfully operate in a fast-paced organization; often with high level of ambiguity
- Able to actively collaborate with stakeholders, collect and validate training needs
- Experienced with training content development and delivery
- Possesses excellent program management skills; able to manage multiple workstreams, program deliverables timelines and measure results against baseline
- Strong and engaging presentation skills
- Comfort and experience facilitating and presenting in front of large audiences
- At least 5 years’ experience in sales or inside sales enablement or training of other client facing teams
- Understanding of the agriculture industry
- Highly comfortable with technology such as modern LMS tools, able to integrate technology fluidly to train a distributed workforce.
- Willing to travel up to 50% and on short notice.
- Proximity to Boston or Memphis are a plus but can be a remote candidate.