Associate Account Manager at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Associate Account Manager (AAM) works in partnership with multiple Retention Specialists to plan and execute successful Account Retention negotiations. As the initial contact for dealerships after cancellations have been submitted, the AAM gathers critical feedback and intel that will help resolve most effective way to address a dealership’s concerns, build the value of CarGurus’ products, and persuade the account to continue with the CarGurus partnership. The automotive sales industry is constantly evolving, and so must our strategies. A strong AAM will always look for ways to improve the process, and therefore must be a driven and creative self-starter. Through proactive engagement and thorough teamwork, the primary objective of the AAM role is to support CarGurus’ churn reduction efforts.What you’ll do:
- Partner with Retention Specialists to move quickly in strategizing an ever-changing opportunity pool.
- Become a subject matter expert on the value propositions of all CarGurus products for each of the dealership segments (Independent, Franchise, Field).
- Learn the goals and navigate the most common concerns/objections from dealership segments across the country.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to resolve logistical, technical, contractual, and billing-related issues.
- Be innovative by continuously identifying areas of process improvement.
- Educate dealers on maximizing the value that CarGurus provides by leveraging.
- Help our data driven churn reduction efforts by collecting and analyzing cancellation feedback data from dealerships.
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Experience with Salesforce CRM
- Relentless self-motivation
- Industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Good organization skills
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.