An excellent opportunity to be a key team contributor to the exciting Dynatrace Application Security endeavor. The individual will closely work with the application security sales team to drive the technical lane in opportunities and will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical support and expert guidance to the broader customer facing teams. Dynatrace is looking for technically knowledgeable, assertive, success-driven, energetic person who want to have fun while creating a successful career at a leading organization.
Location is flexible across North America
What’s the role? As a Dynatrace Sales Engineer, you will be a key member of the Dynatrace sales engine and will be responsible for providing excellent technical support specifically to the security sales team but also to the broader sales team. You will be the expert on Dynatrace and all things Application Security. Within this exciting role, you will be responsible for executing great demos which demonstrate Dynatrace’s unique approach in solving the customer’s pain, executing and managing PoCs remote and on-site, building key relationships with customers and completing RFIs & RFPs. You will also work across teams including innovation lab, product management, consultants, customer care and marketing.
- To ensure your success as a Sales Engineer at Dynatrace, you need to be an ambitious, confident, and self-motivated individual, with previous SE experience or another technical customer facing role. You need to be passionate about innovative technology, technical sales and articulating value to customers and prospects. In addition, we are also looking for:
- At least 6-8 years experience supporting sales teams in a presale role. Be able to demonstrate a track record leading to sales success
- An excellent team player, with the ability to work across all disciplines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate technical value into business value
- Experience with application security technologies such as SAST, DAST, IAST, RASP or CWPP
- Appreciation of a very dynamic and changing security market
- Understanding of observability and APM technologies and market
- Deep understanding of cloud native technologies such as container platforms and public cloud offerings
- Experience with CI/CD tooling
- Experience and knows the way around typical OS’s including Windows & Linux
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues to produce a working outcome and be able to manage this process
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Must have a strong desire to grow professionally and ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree, ideally in Computer Science or Software Engineering
What You’ll Do:
- Help clients evaluate the Dynatrace Application Security solution as part of the Dynatrace software intelligence platform
- Partner with sales representatives to identify new sales opportunities as well incremental sales opportunities within existing accounts.
- Provide technical leadership in the discovery, solution evaluation, and solution proposal stages of the opportunity sales cycle.
- Take ownership of solution evaluations and Proofs-of-Concept in support of sales opportunities
- Maintain and continuously develop technical knowledge.
- Share knowledge across the team and continuously develop and enhance personal and team capabilities.
- Provide feedback to Product Management
- Support key marketing events
- Act as thought leader
Dynatrace provides software intelligence to simplify enterprise cloud complexity and accelerate digital transformation. With AI and complete automation, our all-in-one platform provides answers, not just data, about the performance of applications, the underlying infrastructure and the experience of all users. That’s why many of the world’s largest enterprises trust Dynatrace to modernize and automate enterprise cloud operations, release better software faster, and deliver unrivaled digital experiences.
We offer competitive compensation, company-sponsored premium benefits, medical, dental, vacation/holidays, company matching 401(k) Plan, etc. Dynatrace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation, creed, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, genetic status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact [email protected]. Dynatrace participates in E-Verify, participant information in English and Spanish. Right to work information in English and Spanish.
EEO is the Law/
EEO is the Law Supplement. To be considered for this position, please upload your resume/CV.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Dynatrace LLC (Dynatrace) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Dynatrace employee. Dynatrace will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Dynatrace.