At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
Hopper prides ourselves on having strong relationships with airlines all around the world in order to facilitate airline distribution to Hopper users. Our Air Business Development team sources new relationships and grows existing ones - for the benefit of Hopper users and the airlines. We are looking for a strong sales professional to join our team and manage a portfolio of airline accounts in North America.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Secure win-win-win partnership agreements with airlines to expand their distribution, improve air inventory access for Hopper users, and grow Hopper revenues
- Fanatically evangelize Hopper’s mission throughout the travel industry and beyond
- Own relationships with notable global airlines to solve commercial, product, and technology blockers
- Help your airlines further their distribution strategy through the use of Hopper’s existing and emerging technologies
- Produce insightful analyses for your airlines using tableau or other data visualization tools
- Obsessively log activities in salesforce.com to facilitate management reporting and analysis
- Advocate within Hopper for product and service enhancements that further airline goals and Hopper user needs
- Partner closely with Hopper colleagues each day in a highly collaborative culture
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- At least 3 years of sales experience in the travel distribution or technology industry
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Steady career advancement gaining expanded scope and responsibility over time
- A structured, process driven approach to selling
- Track record of achieving or exceeding sales goals in a challenging, complex sales environment
- Experience using a CRM tool such as salesforce.com
- Closed deals through complex sales engagements that include multiple relationship touchpoints
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills with the ability to distinguish urgent from important work
- An innovative and detail-oriented approach to problem-solving
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
• Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
• IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
• Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
• Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!
Read Full Job Description