Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Account Manager (AM) role leads the success, retention, and growth of their book of business throughout the customer lifecycle. An AM has a positive relationship with both internal (Account Executives) and external (Dealer Partners) stakeholders. As the primary contact for dealers and dealer groups, AMs are responsible for providing an effective and communicative consultative performance analysis and technical support experience to ensure dealers are getting a positive value from their CarGurus subscription. AMs work closely with Account Executives (AE) to drive growth within the existing customer base through product upgrades, new product sales, and renewals. Through effective relationship management and proactive engagement, the primary objective of an AM is to protect against dealership churn and drive the growth of product and services usage.What You'll Do:
- Partner with AE to support shared book of business
- Become a subject matter authority on all CarGurus products (Listings Packages & Digital Suite)
- Complete post-sale onboarding for new dealerships and dealership personnel
- Be data driven in quantifying value of our service to dealers and identifying opportunities for growth and improved results.
- Educate dealers on how to maximize the value of the CarGurus platform by leveraging tools, reports, and best practices
- When appropriate, work with customer to follow-up on technical, billing, and content issues
- Advance cross-departmental collaboration (Support, Billing, Data Integrity, Product and Engineering) to convey key issues and promote new insights within the CarGurus organization
- Develop deep and wide-ranging relationships with dealership decision makers and staff, growing our span of influence and the number of CG Champions within the dealership
In summary, Account Managers provide ongoing support to improve the overall level of client happiness and minimize customer churn. To ensure the best customer experience, and in turn an increase in product adoption, stickiness, and revenue per dealer, AM collaborates closely with their AE counterparts to build a detailed spectrum of CarGurus engagement for any customer. From initial onboarding through steady-state proactive and strategic consultation, an AM serves as the consultative face of CarGurus and trusted advisor to customers throughout the partnership lifecycle.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.