Account Manager at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Indigo Grower Account Managers are the primary sales and service touchpoint for our grower customers. They represent Indigo and are well versed in all Indigo value propositions. Grower Account Managers execute with the clear objective of supporting the grower in business decisions to help improve profitability on their farm. Customer experience is core to the success of these team members in a quest to develop “enterprise” grower customers.
The role of the Grower Account Manager is to build and maintain close, emotional relationships with Indigo’s grower customers. This role extends far beyond a traditional sales position and will require the candidate to demonstrate strong business acumen, understanding of ag business, and exceptional emotional intelligence. The Grower Account Manager will need to intimately understand Indigo’s commercial offerings, articulate the benefits of Indigo’s solutions, close the sale with new growers and expand their book of business each quarter. Once the relationship has been established, Grower Account Managers will devote their efforts to delighting their growers with deep knowledge of farm operations, exceptional customer service, selling the complete Indigo portfolio of offerings, and building a long-lasting partnership with growers. The Grower Account Manager will partner with experienced Indigo Subject Matter Experts to enable grower success by maximizing farm profitability.
- Graduates training, certified in effectively communicating Indigo’s mission, technology, services and solutions including Marketplace, Microbiome and Carbon. Demonstrates skill in addressing questions/resistance and closing skills
- Systematically finds and nurtures grower leads whether assigned to them or developed on his/her own through an account-based selling approach
- Expands relationships with growers through a consultative sales approach that gets them to adopt Indigo solutions across the crop lifecycle
- Serves as primary relationship manager for grower-customers and leads grower-facing team of Subject Matter Experts
- Maintains grower accounts, sales stages, important notes, and sales process information in salesforce.com, CRM tool and utilizes other sales enablement technologies provided to them
- Can breakdown complex new products to effectively influence stakeholders
- Understands the customer’s needs that cultivates trust and lasting relationships
- Shows optimism and an ability to recover from setbacks and keep going despite adversity
- Exhibits an ability to adopt change willingly and adjust to changing expectations
- Shows a desire to improve abilities and a need to master difficult tasks for growth
- An accountability for your actions that shows initiative and brings about positive results
- Has clear communication skills
- Strong business sense and understanding of economics especially as it relates to agriculture
- Able to utilize new technologies and tools to provide data-driven information to growers
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Preferred degrees: Agribusiness, Agronomy, Marketing, Finance, and Business
- Roles dealing directly with growers
- Preferred 3+ years of experience in role including: grain marketing, ag tech, input sales, crop insurance, and farm equipment
- Bring an existing book of business due to their existing relationships with growers
- Ability to understand micro-market considerations for agriculture in the territory
- Proven ability to meet/exceed sales targets in the agriculture industry
- Demonstrated adaptability in sales skills, processes and approaches
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.