Greater Boston Area
This is a terrific opportunity for self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
As Account Executive, you will work with small & medium businesses to understand their needs and analyze their business (including revenue, cash flow and other similar characteristics) to help them identify and secure the right financial product for their business. You will report to the Team Lead, and collaborate frequently with underwriting and other account executives.
In this role you will:
● Proactively manage your portfolio of small & medium businesses that are actively working with Forward Financing, focusing on growing the relationships and providing solutions for additional capital
● Hunt dormant businesses that no longer work with Forward Financing, in an effort to win their business back
● Effectively analyze merchant profiles and financial history to advise them whether Forward Financing products suit their needs and financial circumstances
● Leverage data & reporting to proactively attack your day and maximize your opportunities
● Own the sales process from submission through closing in an effort to crush monthly quotas
● Effectively multitask and diligently balance your activity in a fast-paced environment
● Handle interruptions and constantly changing priorities effectively and with grace
● Take ownership and empower yourself to make a positive impact on your team & Forward Financing’s culture
● Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude.” Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
● Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable
● High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done
● Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization
● Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed
● Collaborative: Strong “people orientation.” Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player
● Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure
● Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying
● Competitiveness: The job exists within a demanding environment where consistently winning is critical. The job demands tenacity, boldness, assertiveness and a “will to win” in dealing with highly competitive situations
● Confidence: The ability to develop and maintain inner strength based on desire to succeed; a person’s belief that he or she possesses the capabilities to succeed
● Aggressiveness: Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive
● Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done
● Bachelor’s degree
● 1-4 years working experience
● 6-12 months of experience in a sales oriented role
● Demonstrated success in setting and hitting goals
● Maintain a belief in the core values and mission of Forward Financing
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.
Read Full Job Description