Dimagi is a Social Enterprise, Benefit Corporation, and Tech company focused on making an impact globally. Our product, CommCare, assists some of the world’s most underserved and hard-to-reach communities in health, agriculture, education, and beyond through innovative digital data management systems. Our team of incredibly dedicated staff work towards our mission of creating an impact in the world from our four global offices. Our technology is used around the world in more than 60 countries. We’re seeking an impact-driven Account Executive who is curious, cares deeply, and values quality to join our Growth team, and help connect communities with software that can make a significant difference in their lives.
This role can be based remotely or out of our offices in Cambridge, MA, Delhi, India, or Cape Town, South Africa.
A few perks that make this role unique:
- This role will be involved in the inception stages of building our sales team and strategy. There will be significant room for innovation, problem-solving, creativity, hands-on experience and learning.
- For the right candidate, this role will have significant room for growth into a sales management position
Who You Are:
Dimagi is hiring an Account Executive (AE) to join our growing sales team. We are looking for someone who is excited to help communities in need, ranging from communities in Sub-Saharan Africa to rural India, and making an impact through their work. The AE will work closely with the CEO and the full growth team (marketing, product, and customer success) based in the U.S. as well as in India.
Our product, CommCare, is used around the globe in some of the world's most underserved communities. The AE will play a critical role in ensuring more people in need can gain access to our product. The AE will drive the sales process and engage with qualified leads (users that have confirmed their interest in using our software) to help determine if CommCare can assist the community with their needs. The AE will leverage various marketing and sales tools to convert them to subscribers. The AE will play an instrumental role in providing feedback about our users and products to the other departments of the Growth team and will be responsible for implementing relevant processes to foster this communication.
We are seeking someone who is highly organized, exudes a positive attitude, loves to connect with users and to solve their problems, and enjoys harnessing the power of software technologies.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a sales pipeline of potential CommCare customers
- Build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with external contacts
- Own and execute the Sales efforts in the opportunity phase including:
- Investing time corresponding and engaging with members of large organizations, often including senior leaders
- Researching and gathering potential client’s needs
- Scheduling demos and follow-up calls
- Conveying the value of our product
- Assisting clients with finding the best solution to fit their need
- Building custom offerings and driving negotiations
- Achieve and exceed quarterly revenue objectives while maintaining activity metrics and a good follow-up of the sales process
- Proactively identify upselling or account expansion opportunities
- Ensure a smooth transition for our customers to the billing and customer success teams
- Use Salesforce to track and prioritize sales activities and to monitor sales outcomes
- Support team members with the development of sales forecasts
- Proactively identify ways to improve the sales process or new channels to maximize the revenue pipeline
- Create new processes as we explore new sources of potential customers
- Organize learnings on our users and our products and report to the Growth team on crucial outcomes and insights
What You Must Bring:
- 2-4 years of sales development experience
- A love of connecting with and assisting customers
- The ability to be both empathetic and thoughtful when helping clients
- Outstanding communication and listening skills. An active listener
- Confidence with in-person and web-based presentations including comfort presenting to senior management
- A strong ability to persuade and tailor your messaging depending on the audience
- Comfortable with data analysis and reporting skills
- Rigorous, strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to follow and improve processes
- Able to quickly innovate and think on your feet
- A curious mindset, ability and willingness to learn and react to and share lessons learned across the organization
- Complete fluency in English
- Full-cycle closing experience in a SaaS / B2B tech environment
- Proficiency using CRM systems, such as Salesforce
- Prior experience managing a sales team
- Fluency in French, Spanish, or additional languages
- Experience in the international development sector
- Desire to make a social impact
Please note, this job posting has an application deadline of April 23rd.
As a mission-driven social enterprise, the position comes with a starting salary that is more in line with that of a non-profit. However, we do aim to offer the best benefits possible including:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance paired with a generous Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) fund
- Access to voluntary dental and vision insurance plans
- A 401K plan with up to a 4% employer match
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time, excellent parental leave policy, and a strong focus on work-life balance
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- 100% employer sponsored Short and Long Term disability insurance
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
- 10 personal initiative days
- Occasional opportunities to travel internationally