Account Executive, Sr. Enterprise Accounts
Rapid7 is looking for an experienced Enterprise Account Executive to join our National Accounts sales team, accelerating our growth within the Fortune 500. While we have a strong presence in the Fortune 500, we are looking to elevate our profile within our most strategic accounts and become a trusted advisor to the world’s biggest and most beloved companies and brands.
The National Account AE will run an individual territory of named accounts with expectations to manage full sales lifecycles from demand generation through deal closure, and to build the go-to-market plan to include both direct sales and indirect business partnering through the channel.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of achievement against quota attainment, with an average deal size of $200K+ while showing the ability to be both highly transactional, i.e. “Land and Expand”, as well as strategic, i.e. “Platform Deals”.
This role is the Apex of a sales career at Rapid7. The National Account AE is tasked with earning trusted advisor status at both the User and the Executive levels within their key accounts, and will represent a small, select group among a large and diverse sales team.
- 8-10 years of successful selling Enterprise Software to decision makers in Fortune 500 companies
- Ability to work a Named Account List
- Willing to travel to meet with large distributed teams in various cities throughout the US
- Track record of Quota and Presidents Club attainment selling both new and existing products
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new products and solutions
- Able to drive consensus between 5+ buyers within each assigned account
- Demonstrated ability to develop champions and get to the Economic Buyer – i.e. get “high and wide”
- Understand customer decision criteria for budgeted and unbudgeted needs
- Experience working in fast pace, transactional high-growth startup environments
- Able to prioritize the most important tasks within a heavy workload
- Ability to have strategic, business-oriented conversation at the VP and CISO level
- Able to convey technical differentiators and link those differentiators to business value
- Experience closing seven figure enterprise software deals
- Command of the forecast and sales process – reliably knows where she/he is in the sales process and whether/when to move opportunity into best case or commit for the quarter
- Possesses strong written communication skills – can use email to generate meetings with multiple personas in an account
- Sets goals and holds himself/herself accountable, measures progress against those goals
- Intellectual Curiosity – will research each account in territory and use that research to develop a hypothesis about how the solution will likely create value for the prospect
- Probing and Discovery – able to ask second and third-level probing questions
- Objection handling – ability to deal with concerns in a way that politely challenges the prospect to reconsider
- Inspires prospective buyers to act when presenting to prospective buyers; Inspires confidence in prospective buyers
- Must be able to both hunt for new logos and expand existing installs.
- Successfully uses every possible channel to generate demand within an account list through cold calling, email prospecting, LinkedIn, Social Media
- Will become a member of and get involved in local/regional ISSA and ISACA Chapter Meetings in the key cities within the territory
- Team player – proven ability to direct and work with distributed internal teams
- Comes to work with a can-do attitude
- Takes ownership of his/her own enablement needs, is a self-starter
- Willingness to work remote from a home office; ability to work long periods unsupervised
Rapid7 is a leading provider of security data and analytics solutions that enable organizations to implement an active, analytics-driven approach to cyber security. We combine our extensive experience in security data and analytics and deep insight into attacker behaviors and techniques to make sense of the wealth of data available to organizations about their IT environments and users. Our solutions empower organizations to prevent attacks by providing visibility into vulnerabilities and to rapidly detect compromises, respond to breaches, and correct the underlying causes of attacks. Rapid7 is trusted by more than 4,150 organizations across 90 countries, including 34% of the Fortune 1000. To learn more about Rapid7 or get involved in our threat research, visit www.rapid7.com.