Account Executive, SMS Sales at Klaviyo
Klaviyo is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Boston right now. Our sales team is poised to grow close to 100% in 2021, which will bring incredible opportunities for both new and existing employees. As part of our expansion plans, we’re investing heavily in the SMS market. Klaviyo launched a game-changing new product in early 2020 that is taking the SMS market by storm. We’re on a mission to help creators truly own their destiny, and a big part of the recipe is providing them with the tools, expertise, and data required to create amazing customer experiences through the channels they own (Email, Website, Mobile/SMS). SMS has proven to be an incredibly effective marketing channel for D2C brands and we’re super excited to bring this to all of our customers!
A significant part of this role is educating our customers on how they can grow their businesses faster by leveraging SMS. Customers lean on us to uncover additional revenue opportunities, and they’re constantly looking for ways to increase AOV, capture more abandoned carts, and get closer to their customers. SMS gives them an opportunity to further extend their reach and create hyper-personalized experiences in conjunction with their email campaigns.
The SMS Account Executive will report directly into the Manager, SMS Sales. This person will be responsible for selling our SMS product into our base of 60k+ customers. This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Klaviyo sales team given that you’ll be an early contributor on a team responsible for growing one of Klaviyo’s newest and most lucrative lines of business.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Develop a cadence with your respective CSM and CSM Manager to effectively target your assigned customer segment
- Run monthly/quarterly webinars to educate your customer segment on how to leverage SMS to drive revenue and create long-lasting relationships
- Close over $2M in SMS ARR
- Participate in the hiring process as this will be a fast-growing team
- Help educate the broader Klaviyo sales team on how to position/sell SMS to your customer segment
Who You Are
- Experience with software subscription & cloud sales models (SaaS)
- Experience in an account management role selling products into an existing set of customers is a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Background in marketing automation is considered a plus
- Team player, team coaching & building skills
- Excellent technical, communication and presentation skills
- A results oriented, highly motivated, enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work independently
- Decisive, persistent, convincing
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.