Account Executive, Search Engine Marketing
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The Account Executive for Search Engine Marketing will be responsible for selling CarGurus new, proprietary SEM product to dealers who are interested in shifting their spend over to a company with a reputation for industry leading search marketing. The Account Executive will benefit from being able to call into 20,000+ existing customers who buy other product lines from CarGurus, to sell them on this new offering.
The Account Executive will be strong at presenting our offering, handling competitive objections, and landing some of our first customers on the platform. The job will be a hybrid sales role with much of the selling taking place via the phone, while also making on-site visits for large opportunities and customer requests. It is critical candidates be persuasive, are self-starters, can manage their time well, and are comfortable working against monthly quota targets.
What You'll Do:
- Plan against, and drive toward, exceeding your monthly SEM sales quota
- Prospect for new opportunities within designated dealer account targets while also working closely with your Account Manager to understand if there are additional opportunities within your existing customer base
- Have great telephone and in-person selling skills. Sandler sales methodology training is highly preferred
- Ability to demonstrate the value of the platform and our competitive differentiators
- A daily, repeatable cadence of high quality conversations, demos, and proof-of-concept pilots to ensure consistency in your bookings performance output
- A willingness to travel when necessary (expectation is 20-30% of the time)
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of proven inside/outside SEM sales experience
- Demonstrate history of over-performance against quota & sales KPI’s
- Strong customer service skills
- Good organizational ability
- Strong internal motivation & drive
- Bachelor's degree required
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.