Account Executive, MM- Global Services
Rapid7 Global Consulting is setting out to define state of the art security programs to help our Customers drive risk insight across their growing, complex computing environments. How? Rapid7's Consulting solutions approach our Customer's IT and Security challenges through research, analytics, and deep customer partnerships. Our Advisory, Incident Response, and Penetration Testing services aid Customers in understanding their risk insight/exposure, compromise exposure, and security program maturity and development.
Rapid7's solutions and expertise harness the critical information essential to advance and protect an organization's best interests. Rapid7 has 1000 employees, 30% YoY growth and +43% CAGR. Recurring revenue was 69% of Q1 2017 revenue; 2016 total revenue was $157m. The company has been acclaimed as a best place to work in Boston for 7 consecutive years. Rapid7 clients include 38% of the Fortune 500 (IBM, Intel, Adobe, HP) and 50% of the Fortune 1000.
We are building a great company and pursuing a $15b+ addressable market opportunity. Transforming how we engage with our customers to ensure their success is a critical element of our strategy and growth plan. Meaningful customer partnerships are not just buzzwords at Rapid7, they are core values in every aspect of business. We want to provide deeper insight to help make IT and security teams smarter, more productive and deliver better outcomes.
As a Account Executive, Global Services you are responsible for driving an exceptional client experience through consulting service selling, renewals and cross-utilization of Rapid7 solutions to deliver outcomes for our largest and most progressive customer environments. This role is a quota carrying role which will cover penetration testing, security advisory services, and incident response services. Reporting to Global Consulting, you possess a passion for customer success and solving complex security and IT problems with innovative solutions and intensive customer engagement. Account Executives should have full sales cycle experience and have command of all deals in their region from prospecting net-new, negotiation terms and pricing, and deals closure. They have the ability to work a hybrid sales model by leveraging marketing leads, supporting territory field events along with company sponsored events, and using technical resources or channel partners as required. This role ties to an individual territory under a sales division leader in the US sales organization.
- A strong hunter mentality and work ethic with 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience selling penetration testing
- Proven ability to build relationships with and understand business needs of and deliver value to senior management and C-level executives
- Experience working with sales in project-oriented environments with deadlines and milestones, making presentations to senior-level management to drive renewals, upsell, and expansion opportunities.
- Domain background in security services, security certifications such as CISSP
- Excellent communication skills, extremely motivated and goal-oriented, as well as a desire to work in a charismatic and dynamic workplace
- Must want a career-oriented environment that is both fun and professional
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time