The Revenue Accountant is a key member of the Controllership team and works very closely with the Senior Manager of Transactional Services in supporting the Order to Cash processes.
You will regularly review the company's financial transactions, sales contracts and business practices, and compile and analyze revenue information by ensuring that contractual arrangements are accurately reflected throughout the company’s transactional systems. The role requires a deep understanding of the company’s business operations, products, and accounting practices. You will work closely with the Sales, product and Financial Planning & Analysis teams in ensuring that revenue reporting is performed accurately with the billing and accounting teams.
- Drive detailed revenue analysis by product line and ensure accuracy of data being reported between the billing and financial reporting systems.
- Ensure alignment of billing and invoicing processes in relation to the implementation of the new ASC 606 accounting standards
- Reviews organizational billing practices to ensure invoice accuracy and alignment with revenue recognition as defined by the controllership team
- Prepare revenue account reconciliations, perform detailed account analysis by product type and locations, identify account variances
- Analyze and reconcile revenue accounts including deferred revenue and accounts receivable by managing transactional data across multiple systems
- Assist with defining process flow for new product introduction
- Provide support to the monthly close process adhering to specific tasks and deadlines in reconciling revenue accounts
- Perform weekly revenue landing assessment based on actual revenue data vs operating plan as managed by the FP&A teams
- Work with the Sr. Mgr of transactional services to develop and maintain revenue metrics
- CPA - Preffered
- Bachelor or Business Administration with concentration in Finance or accounting; analytical experience a plus
- 5-7 years of related experience in revenue analysis; experience with revenue recognition guidance a plus
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills are required for frequent interaction with financial and non-financial management teams
- Requires attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with Salesforce/NetSuite/Zuora is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (pivot table, VLookup, etc)
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting