Workshop Facilitator, San Francisco
Panorama is on a mission to radically improve student outcomes by helping educators act on data. We're working toward a world where every student has great teachers, great schools, and a great education. Thousands of schools use the Panorama platform as an important tool for improving education through data, from helping teachers hone their practice, to engaging with families, to building school culture, and beyond. Panorama is rapidly growing: today, more than three million students receive a better education because of Panorama, and we hope to serve many millions more students in the coming years.
As a Workshop Facilitator for Panorama’s Teaching and Learning practice, your primary focus will be delivering virtual and on-site workshops to groups of Panorama users (school leaders, district administrators, teachers, etc.). In addition, you will collaborate on the development of Panorama’s professional learning offerings, working alongside our team to design virtual and in-person world class adult learning experiences that will impact millions of students. While not on site delivering sessions to Panorama schools and districts, you will play a critical role in developing resources to help educators use data and in delivering product feedback and other insight into the user experience to the broader Panorama team.
- Design and deliver custom, in-person and/or virtual learning experiences for diverse groups of participants (classroom teachers, school leaders, system-level leaders, parents)
- Help shape a vision for the future of Panorama’s Teaching and Learning offerings, including collaborating on the design and delivery of new workshops
- Partner with Services and Account Management team members to understand client needs and design and deliver training and support opportunities to meet those needs
- Create and deliver experiences, resources and tools that move Panorama users from seeing data to acting on it; work closely with product and engineering teams to integrate key concepts, frameworks and approaches into Panorama’s standard product offering
- Collaborate with the Product Support team to manage the ongoing development of Panorama’s resource library and other content sources for all clients
- Be an evangelist internally and with our clients for using data to measure, understand, and act in the areas most critical to radically improving student outcomes
What We’re Looking For:
- Outstanding teaching skills with adult learners; knowledge, experience with, and passion for principles of adult learning
- Experience using technology and virtual platforms for designing and delivering successful teaching and learning experiences
- A passion for helping a diverse user community (teachers, principals, district leaders and parents) gain knowledge and understanding from data
- Sheer joy at using data to reveal things previously unseen, deepen understanding about how students are learning, and drive decisions for improvement plans
- High levels of empathy for and understanding of school and district communities and how they work
- Ability to dive into the intricacies of data one minute and explain what it means in simple terms the next
- An innovative self-starter capable of working independently, motivated by contributing to team goals
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to balance the existence of clear systems and processes with the need to modify existing processes in the service of continuous improvement and the changing demands of a rapidly growing business
- At least 3-5 years of experience in classrooms and schools
- Travel requirements: ~50-75% travel
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.