Technical Software Program Manager at Markforged
Markforged is seeking a talented and motivated Technical Software Program Manager who will be part of the Program Management team. The Program Manager will be responsible for managing the development of new software products that enhance our user’s 3D printing experiences. From Machine Learning/AI to enabling customers to print better, faster, & stronger with a world-class user experience; this role will drive exciting new projects from the initial planning/scoping phases all the way through launch.
What will you own?
- Serve as the primary conduit for projects/programs, between all functional organizations across the value chain
- Collaborate with product managers, as well as colleagues in engineering and design, to gather requirements and plan out deliverables
- Responsible for effectively initiating, planning, scheduling, forecasting, coordinating, controlling, managing and delivering all activities for projects and related release initiatives
- Continuously improve team processes and tools in the spirit of Agile project management and lean operations
- Demonstrate leadership by working with representatives from Product Management, Content, Documentation, Support, Marketing, Operations, and Sales to prioritize and negotiate internal resource allocation to formulate a release plan.
- Coordinate and communicate program status regularly to project teams, stakeholders across the value chain and the management team
- Team Management, holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work
- Promote empowerment of the team, mentoring team members where necessary
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!What you have:
- 5+ years of program management experience, specifically in the areas of SaaS
- Strong background in hardware and software integration
- Ability to be independent and thrive in ambiguity
- Comfortable with conflict resolution and have the skills to resolve disagreements quickly and effectively, bringing a problem-solving attitude to conflicting approaches
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or technology required
- Experience with Gantt and task management tools; PMP preferred
- Jira working knowledge/experience preferred