Technical Project Manager at Toast
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing features, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you’ll tackle meaningful projects that will help shape the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive. Looking to join a fast-growing company on a talented team that’s enabling small businesses by changing the future of restaurant experiences? If so, that’s Toast.
Toast is continuing to grow its partner ecosystem, and this role will be a critical part of the growth of this team. Reporting to the Technical Program Manager on the Product Team, this position plays a central role in the partnership onboarding process, with responsibility for program and project management across multiple Toast products and services. With accountability for ensuring integrations and partnerships are released successfully, this role requires someone with a combination of strong skills in program & project management, consensus building, communication and the ability to coordinate resources from a variety of supporting teams. This position works closely with Product Management, Engineering, Finance, Customer support, Professional Services and Sales.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for technical partners building integrations to the Toast Platform; this includes onboarding, post-integration issues and on-going support for vendors experiencing problems with API integrations
- Perform troubleshooting of integration issues and QA downstream process by becoming proficient in navigation of the systems
- Gather customer and partner feedback (feature requests, common technical issues, etc.) on Toast’s API products as well as the overall developer experience, and disseminate to appropriate product management teams
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on process improvements including support, training and documentation
- Track and record issues as they arise, assigning them to the appropriate teams (QA, product, training, etc.)
- Work with our Partnerships and Customer Success teams to move technical partner integrations through the pipeline to launch
- Ability to manage multiple projects and fulfill product requests while meeting tight deadlines
Do you have the right ingredients?
- A minimum 2 years applicable experience in a partner or customer facing role, such as Technical Support, Account Management or Project Management
- BS/BA or MS degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and web technologies
- Understanding of the hospitality space and the evolving market dynamics
- Strong communication skills, including prioritizing, problem solving and interpersonal relationship building
- Proven time management and organization skills (must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines)
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, constantly changing environment
- Knowledge of JIRA
- Working experience with Agile/ SCRUM teams
- Experience authoring and creating content for training documents
- Experience working with POSTMAN, SOAPUI, or other web service utilities
- Experience with SaaS