Technical Project Manager - Marketing Operations at Chewy
Chewy is looking for a Sr. Project Manager to join our marketing science & operations team based in Boston, MA. Our product team works closely with the marketing analytics, science & enterprise technology teams to build out the capabilities needed by Chewy’s marketing organization to drive new customer growth, develop existing customers and establish Chewy as a household brand name. In this role, you will triage, clarify and drive fulfillment of ad-hoc technology and analytics requests, coordinate delivery of roadmap initiatives to help our operations scale and manage our vendor relationships. You will work on projects of varying scope, type and complexity with stakeholders from marketing and merchandizing to technology and finance. You will also get the opportunity to dive deeper into the areas of data science, marketing technology, performance and brand marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Triage, clarify and document requirements for all ad-hoc requests coming into the marketing analytics and/or technology teams and test to validate fulfillment prior to delivery.
- Manage delivery of analytics roadmap and ad-hoc initiatives by working across the marketing analytics’ insights, solutions and data science teams.
- Fine tune or establish and own all development processes for the marketing analytics team, including running all development rituals such as grooming, sprint planning and stand-ups.
- Coordinate with the data and software engineering teams to deliver roadmap and ad-hoc initiatives.
- Communicate on the status of all roadmap and ad-hoc initiatives to the leads of marketing analytics and product.
- Manage vendor relationships which includes owning the new vendor selection process, partnering with procurement and legal on pricing and contract negotiations and shepherding new contracts and renewals through finance approval.
What you’ll need:
- 5-7 years of project management experience. Experience working in analytics and/or marketing is a plus.
- Experience working with developers to define requirements, implement code and validate data.
- Experience with agile development methodologies, processes and best practices.
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves, dive into the weeds and help out. While you won’t be expected to code or perform analysis the ability to do so when needed will prove invaluable.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to influence without direct authority.
- Motivated self-starter, comfortable operating in a highly ambiguous and fast paced environment with little direction.
- Experience working with project management tools such as JIRA.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science) is a plus.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com