Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Here at Toast, our mission is to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive. As a Technical Program Manager with Toast there is an opportunity to make a real and visible impact on the success of Toast’s most complex and critical initiatives enabling next level growth and achievement.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Lead the delivery of complex, cross-functional technical programs by fostering a team mentality, bringing structure to ambiguity and providing clear and consistent business communications
- Coordinate and collaborate with product and engineering to understand business requirements, drive technical decision making and build scalable, performant and reliable solutions
- Manage and drive the execution of all phases of the project lifecycle. Build and maintain timelines, project plans, and communication artifacts to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Leverage your previous experience to understand our current environment and challenge our normal to expose unseen opportunities.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Demonstrable track record of managing cross-functional teams in order to achieve critical business initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact and influence at various levels of the organization.
- A good understanding of project methodology and how to apply it to real world situations.
- Ability to compartmentalize and context switch on the fly with changes that you can and cannot control.
- Proven capacity for identifying risks and managing trade-offs in a highly complex environment
- Experience with and working knowledge of enterprise applications (Salesforce/Netsuite/etc..) preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in managing technical projects.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.