Technical Program Manager at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:06 p.m. (EST) on Monday, January 25, 2021
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 250 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
Markforged is seeking a talented and motivated Technical Program Manager who will be part of the Program Management team. This employee’s focus will be on delivering strategic product initiatives to the field. The Program Manager will be responsible for managing development of new products from the initial planning/scoping phases through launch of new innovative products.
In this role you will:
- Responsible for effectively initiating, planning, scheduling, forecasting, coordinating, controlling, managing and delivering all activities for projects and related initiatives
- Ability to facilitate the definition of project objectives, scope, and schedule
- Plan and direct budgets and spending
- Serve as the primary conduit for projects/programs, between all functional organizations across the value chain
- Deliver proof-of-concept prototypes that demonstrate performance and tradeoffs
- Lead new product development programs through production launch.
- Maintain clear systems of documentation, ensuring that all product decisions are well-documented
- Coordinate with internal partners for successful transitions from planning phases through launch
- Continuously improve team processes and tools in the spirit of Agile Project Management and lean operations
- Demonstrate leadership by working with representatives from Product Management, Content, Documentation, Support, Marketing, Operations, and Sales to prioritize and negotiate internal resource allocation to support the program plan/schedule.
- Manage the project risk register and associated mitigation plan.
- Coordinate and communicate project status regularly to project teams, stakeholders across the value chain and the management team
- Team Management, holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work
- Promote empowerment of the team, mentoring team members where necessary
What we look for:
- 3-5 years of technical experience working with electromechanical systems
- 5-7 years of program management experience
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Eng. disciplines required; MS or MBA preferred
- Strong background in hardware and software integration
- Program management experience in advanced development or the development of new technologies using both agile and waterfall methodologies; PMP preferred
- Exceptional project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience with Phase Gate product deliveries
- Ability to drive to tangible results in a timely manner even when the work involves a high-level of ambiguity
- Experience working in a startup and growth environment is a plus.
- Experience with managing contracts & relationships with external partners to include contract manufacturers
- Strong systems-level critical thinking skills
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Experience with Gantt and task management tools
- Jira working knowledge/experience preferred
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description