Technical Program Manager at Fitbit
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Fitbit’s HQ is located in the heart of San Francisco and we have additional offices in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Dublin, Bucharest and in various other markets around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What You’ll Work On:
- Work with Engineering Managers and Product Managers to plan and prioritize work
- Engage teams in program-level planning and execution in multiple sprint increments
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and negotiate solutions to issues
- Drive process improvements toward the consistent delivery of working product
- Identify and manage incoming and outgoing dependencies for the team
- Remove impediments to delivery of the initiatives
- Communicate status, timelines and risks
We are looking for someone who has 10-15 years of experience as a Program Manager for a software development team who has some combination of the following skills:
- Build strong, trusting relationships with development teams, product management, stakeholders, and cross-functional development groups
- Clearly communicate changes/requests to the team and status/compromises to stakeholders
- Demonstrated competence in key program management best practices: program planning, schedule construction and management; risk assessment & mitigation, change management and predictive metrics
- Ability to work effectively in both strategic and tactical spaces
- Proven ability to lead through influence
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills to be able to coordinate complicated projects
- Exceptional team building and team management skills, including interpersonal skills, conflict resolution and negotiation.
- High emotional intelligence to effectively manage a diverse team working in an constrained environment
- An orientation for execution with a strong process and metrics focus
- Seek to find compromise when requirements conflict and know how to negotiate with collaborators within or outside the team
- Encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products, and processes
In Fitbit’s Engineering organization, our values form the guiding principles for how we show up to work every day. We're looking for candidates who will contribute accordingly, making our organization stronger through the way they engage with their work and peers.
Fitbit Engineering Values:
- Respect the trust our customers place in us
- Own your success
- Help others succeed
- Know the “Why”
- Debate, commit, execute
- Make things we are proud of
- Leverage data to decide & iterate
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.