Technical Program Manager
This is an exciting time in Wayfair’s history! Built on the foundation of a great post-college idea between friends; Wayfair has grown to be the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings in the Unites States. With annual revenue hitting $3.4B and 8.3 million active customers we have seen tremendous growth over the years. Wayfair is now looking to invest in and mature our technology backbone to enable our next level of growth and achievement. This is a chance to make a real and visible impact on the success of Wayfair’s most complex initiatives as a technical program manager. This position combines a unique blend of Product, Project, and Portfolio management.
- Lead teams to determine and implement process changes that drive efficiencies and predictable delivery.
- Negotiate priorities across multiple outlets to ensure the team works on the right things.
- Develop, maintain, and drive team road maps.
- Uncover dependencies and resource constraints to remove roadblocks to success.
- Provide clear business communication to stakeholders across all levels, departments, and skill sets.
- Collaborate on the management and direction of department-wide operational improvements.
- Champion and advocate for the end user in all scenarios.
- A proven track record of determining and implementing process changes that drive efficiencies and predicable delivery.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact and influence at various levels of the organization.
- 5+ years of experience managing technical projects and a track record of building, maintaining, and driving a technical team’s roadmap in software development, data center, operations, or computing infrastructure-related environments.
- A demonstrable track record of fostering a successful team atmosphere.
- A good understanding of project methodology and how to apply it to real world situations.
- Experience with and working knowledge of corporate infrastructure preferred.
- Proven capacity for identifying risks and managing trade-offs in a highly complex environment.
- Ability to use critical thinking to identify opportunities to minimize end user impact.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, your home for affordable modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.4 billion in net revenue for full year 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work for and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.