The Technical Lead - Implementation is a senior position for which the primary responsibility is to provide the oversight of technical activities related to the implementation of InterSystems HealthShare in order to ensure success.
The role will have particular focus on peer review of all technical activities and will oversee any development requirements coming from client sites throughout the implementation, essentially acting as the ‘glue’ between product and the field.
The Technical Lead - Implementation must be available to travel to client sites and work closely with implementation partners for technical support and/or to provide technical training.
The Implementation Team is in the process of being set up within InterSystems and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the development of team structure and process.
- Work collaboratively with the Project Manager and other Implementation Team members to ensure the successful delivery of Implementation projects
- Advise and assist Project Managers during implementation by advising on timeline and effort for technical work including partner and customer effort
- Provide realistic estimates for Level of Effort and Statements of Work
- Work with customers to ensure technical design meets use cases and functional requirements and stay engaged with the customer through the project lifecycle
- Take responsibility for the documentation of the technical solution including any partner implementation work
- Supervise implementation partner work using a code review process and source control management to ensure alignment with the documented technical solution
- Stay engaged with the implementation partner throughout the lifecycle via regular meetings to review progress against the documented solution and the timeline
- Oversee the development of custom/site specific software that may or may not lead to future product enhancements
- Provide technical support for implementation projects related to custom developments, interfaces, reports, extracts, and data manipulation routines
- Provide advice and best practices to clients for technical areas related to configuration and infrastructure related to the deployment of the InterSystems solution
- Provide internal support and testing of all InterSystems product related tools/utilities, e.g. patching, printing, installation etc.
- Liaise with clients or partners in regard to ongoing enhancement requests
- Support the development of training materials for technical courses such as system administration
- Support the development of documentation such as reference materials, installation instructions, user guides, knowledgebase articles, and FAQ’s
- Responsible for participating in on-site technical training if required
- Ensure a seamless handover to support
- Other duties may be directed by the company from time to time
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with web orientated languages, including SQL, HTML, Java script, etc.
- Strong knowledge of healthcare interoperability standards i.e. HL7, IHE, CCDA, etc.
- Knowledge of FHIR and/or SMART is a serious bonus
- Experience with data analysis and database methodologies
- Experienced with client-facing support
- Proven ability to lead and deliver results within project-driven timelines
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work within a team in a cross-cultural environment
- Available for consultation beyond normal business hours if necessary and willing to travel
- Knowledge and Experience with InterSystems technology is a bonus
- Comfortable working as part of a team
- Proactive and positive approach to problem solving
- Enthusiastic about customer and team success
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Flexible in the face of change
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.