SVP, Project Management
What we’re about:
Cantina is a strategic product design and development firm. We accelerate an organization's ability to innovate, grow, and deliver compelling digital products and services. Our project managers are an integral part of our delivery team and work closely with our clients to deliver solutions that consider all aspects of the customer experience. Delivery management is the hub that supports all our services providing product management, project management and best practices to our clients.
We are looking for an experienced project leader who is able to successfully function as both a team lead for project management in addition to serving as an independent contributor on client projects. In this role, you will be an integral part of our services team in managing and delivering digital projects to our clients while growing and developing our internal project management team.
Additionally, this role will serve as senior oversight for our Working Group program. Working Groups are an integral part of Cantina’s strategy and functions as Cantina's research and development program. Each working group plays an important part in both exploring and maturing our offerings which seeks to grow and to expand our competencies in areas such as machine learning, AR, and IoT. This program ensures we stay aligned with a changing market and are prepared to deliver the value our clients need.
- Lead and develop a team of project managers, empowering them to achieve excellence in core project management skills.
- Collaborate with EVP of Services to ensure that projects are operating in accordance with stated processes and standards, identifying areas for improvement that can be adjusted and then introduced back to the team.
- Work collaboratively with Services Leadership to help define overall strategic direction and create the long term roadmap for project management in support of the company’s market strategy.
- Define what success is for the PM group and identify corresponding metrics to measure progress.
- Promote and train the organization on using Mavenlink as our project operations and delivery hub.
- Establish “Cantina Best Practices” as they relate to project management and ensure that teams are evangelizing to clients and following regularly.
- Achieve quarterly chargeable utilization goals for the project management team.
- Lead business development efforts as the expert on project management.
Working Group Oversight Responsibilities
- Work with Executive Leadership to help define overall strategic direction of the working group program in support of the company’s market strategy.
- Collaborate with Working Group leadership, Sales and Exec Sponsors to identify areas of improvement, track resource usage, business impact and monitor group progress.
- Evangelize program successes both internally and externally.
Project Management Individual Contributor Responsibilities
- Provide expert-level project and client management on product design and engineering projects.
- Oversee project finances by tracking hours and cost against budget on a consistent basis, project future expenditures and revenue, and manage project scope changes against timelines and budget.
- Manage team chemistry, dynamics and issue resolution.
- Manage client communication and project performance expectations with our clients.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in program/project management, preferably in a consulting environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ organizational management experience.
- Ability to balance priorities of managing and inspiring teams of people, projects of varying complexity, and the daily operations of the business while maintaining focus on the work that is most critical to success.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to influence others in these areas.
- Expert understanding of Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Understanding of design techniques and frameworks as well as technical development/deployment processes.
- Ability to articulate the software development lifecycle and how you have managed projects throughout or in a particular phase.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team building with strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive culture and process change; effective relationship management and influencing skills.
- Deep client orientation with the ability to focus teams on providing premium service.
- PMP certification or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Competitive base salary
- Eligible for a target bonus of up to 20% of base salary
Benefits and perks
- 100% employer-paid insurance premiums for health, dental, vision and disability
- Optional company-paid mobile phone plan
- Company-paid bike share program
- Flexible work arrangements (such as work from home days) available upon request
- Paid parental leave for up to six (6) weeks
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Vacation time accrued to twenty (20) days per year
- Convenient downtown Boston location
- Snacks, refreshments, coffee, tea and more in the office