Supply Chain Associate Director, Program Management at Chewy (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Chewy is looking for an Associate Director, Program Management to join our Supply Chain team in Boston, MA. We are looking for a leader and owner, who will partner with senior leaders cross-functionally to develop and lead strategic, operational and business scaling initiatives. You will have the opportunity to lead new programs from inception to full launch and work with multiple partners across the organization. A successful leader has a passion for solving complex problems, ability to work with internal and external partners, ability to influence senior executives and has proven results in delivering large scale programs. These programs range from creating new Customer capabilities, developing new products, launching innovative assets and more.
The ideal candidate will have strong business judgment and ability to define and prioritize business requirements for Operations, Finance, Merchandising/Category, Product/Tech teams and other partners. This is an individual contributor role that may expand into people leadership as the business necessitates. The leader should have experience with business strategy, operations, and building high-performing organizations. The position requires an individual who is confident operating and problem solving independently while also demonstrating collaboration and resolving conflicting priorities. The role provides broad exposure to the strategy, operations, and leaders and will be an entrepreneurial, career-defining role as our Healthcare and Premium categories grow.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop roadmaps for new programs including the business case, implementation plans, resourcing, building consensus, prioritization and coordinating communications between cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Develop new processes and tools to improve transparency and communication across teams and to scale the business.
- Organize and prioritize critical issues and information for senior leadership (stakeholders and executives, including C-Suite) to facilitate effective decision-making.
- Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, balance the Customer’s needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize benefit.
- Support multiple parallel workstreams managing projects from kick off through rollout.
- Develop and manage key business metrics and financials for programs and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives.
- Create a high performing culture by driving collaborative working relationships with stakeholders internally and externally while holding partners accountable to a high bar.
What You’ll Need:
- MBA or equivalent Master’s degree in General Business Management, Finance or Operations.
- 10+ years of program leadership and program management experience (preferred in e-commerce or Retail)
- 5+ years of experience leading large-scale programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels including with senior executives
- Proven command of process, management, and finance in support of strategic and innovation projects
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment and solve complex problems.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Can anticipate and avert problems
- Motivated self-starter; finding opportunities for improvement and assuming responsibility
- Collaborative individual with the ability to work well with diverse groups
Bonus (if applicable):
- Previous experience with SQL and Tableau
- E-commerce background is a plus
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected]
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected]
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.