Supplier Performance Project Manager
The Supplier Operations Project Management arm is responsible for driving change on a variety of impactful and high value operational improvements in relation to the inbound supply chain. Mutually beneficial to Wayfair and suppliers alike, these improvements enable more efficient transportation and receiving, faster and more timely shipping, and increased inbound visibility into both our fulfillment warehouses and our large parcel consolidation facilities.
Wayfair is seeking a talented and driven leader to build and execute these improvement opportunities within the inbound supply chain. As a project manager, you will be responsible for coordinating these initiatives across the operations group and delivering tangible results towards core business priorities. Day to day responsibilities include a balanced mix of in-depth data analysis, group problem solving, project coordination, and communication of progress and results.
The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. Strong quantitate skills are required in order to analyze performance and efficacy of solutions, and due to the cross-functional nature of this position and high visibility with senior leadership, effective communication, leadership, and presence are also highly valued. Structured prioritization and creative problem solving skills are also both essential.
About Our Teams:
Our Supplier Performance Teams are responsible for transforming a network of thousands of individual vendor businesses into a flawless fulfillment network. We manage the fulfillment network for Wayfair, Joss & Main, All Modern, Wayfair Supply, and Dwell Studios. In addition to working extensively with our external partners (suppliers, carriers), we are plugged into every department within the company – from finance to marketing.
What you will do:
- Facilitate broad improvement initiatives spanning thousands of suppliers to improve efficiency and visibility across the inbound supply chain
- Partner closely with a variety of groups company-wide, including transportation, data integration, warehousing, inventory planning, engineering, and others to coordinate cross functional projects
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes, and technology which make our team and suppliers more efficient (and effective)
- Analyze key performance metrics to root cause performance issues and drive change
- Prioritize various improvement opportunities and identified solutions to drive the largest immediate impact
- Regularly communicate performance trends and improvements to senior management and leadership
- Travel to Wayfair and supplier warehouses to view operations first hand
You’re a great fit if you have:
- A Bachelor Degree
- 3+ years of e-commerce, supply chain, operations, or management consulting experience
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal
- An ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Demonstrated senior presence, recognized as an effective manager. Experience managing others preferred
- An ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative and creative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- A track record of taking on big challenges and delivering despite obstacles and limited resources
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.